Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I've had a big ol' box of .45 rounds waiting to be used, decided today was a good day to go set 100 of 'em free! It's my second proper outing with my TLE, so I'm still getting the hang of it... Like last time, I shot three mags at each target, two of which were CMC 8-rounders, and one stock Kimber 7-rounder. All were at 25 feet.

It has been a while since I've been shooting, first one was a lil hectic:

Got that out of the way, and tried shooting a bit calmer, focusing on the front sight:

Getting better, focusing on the front dot seems to be helping a lot!

Last run of shots, I could tell my arms were getting a bit tired, had a few low stragglers:

And, since I had a nice even 8 rounds left out of the 100, I brought the target in to 15 feet and did some rapid double-taps to see how quickly I could come back on target:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Any day at the range is a good day .

A day with a 1911 .45 is a better day !

A guy w tightening groups is icing on the cake !

Good job !

BTW , following a tip I found somewhere , I started putting my strong hand thumb on top of the safety . It def made for better followup shots for me .

·
Registered
22,575 Posts
You did good! Beter than the day I had at work today.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Any day at the range is a good day .

A day with a 1911 .45 is a better day !

A guy w tightening groups is icing on the cake !

Good job !

BTW , following a tip I found somewhere , I started putting my strong hand thumb on top of the safety . It def made for better followup shots for me .
Thank ya sir!
On the thumb issue, I've been trying to do that placement more often. I think my problem is I grew up with a lower-style grip, thumb parallel to the mag release with my support hand wrapped around the strong. It feels more natural to me, and I suppose it is just due to how I shot in my formative years. At the moment, I shoot better with that grip than with the high-hold thumbs-forward grip.
Maybe I'll have to go shoot more to further acclimate myself to a new style!

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You did good! Better than the day I had at work today.
Ah, this was following a bear of a day at work myself. The guy who runs the Shooter's Club knows I had a bad day when I don't even change, just stroll in with a suit on and a range bag in tow!

...Plus, I always feel quite suave while shooting in dapper dress!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts