Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Two problems found with the XD-9. I am somewhat comfortable with the concept of detailed stripping of a pistol, though I have never attempted it with the XD (only AR-15s and the like.)

Problem 1- My used XD-9 has a very sticky magazine release button. I have to press pretty hard to get it to drop the mag. It has at least 2K rounds through it and has been this way since I bought it. Any "easy" way to fix this?

Problem 2- My friend just bought a used XD-9 after firing mine. She was practicing dry firing and told me the slide/stop release is not working. She says the slide release is just flopping around and feels like the spring is broken. I looked on Ajames site and it looks like the spring is fairly simple. Is this a part that can be easily found or should she send it to Springfield for replacement. If Springfield is the best option, does she get coverage on a used gun? Or should she just not mention she bought it used?

Any suggests would be appreciated...

Thanks!

·
Registered
9,948 Posts
Is the mag release still hard if you insert an empty mag? If its easier with the empty mag...then its not the button its the magazines they just have really strong springs. Remember with the mag loaded its pushing down really hard against the bottom of the slide...this in turn is putting a lot of pressure on the mag release. if it bothers you really bad you can always clip a coil off the mag spring.

The second you said the slide release is flopping around....then yes the spring could be broken or the spring slipped around the slide stop so it is not putting downward pressure on it. If she has a subcompact the slide stop spring is different from the full sized frame.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts