Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been searching high and low for 9mm snap caps and everywhere I look they are out of stock. I've watched my local bass pro all month and everytime I go in still no stock. Anyone know why these things are not being produced?

·
Registered
1,169 Posts

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mostly just for dry fire practice, but yeah I could see using them in practice at the range as well.

I had thought about using spent brass, but will it feet from the mag without damaging anything, or will it just get stuck and cause malfunction that way? I was worried about using any spent brass as I've seen everyone say not to breech load a round and I figured they would never feed from the mag with out the projectile to help guide it into the chamber.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I just read about these is May's issue of Rifleman:

Combine it with their Laser Training Target and you have a nice little home training kit.

It's just too bad they are so expensive...I think I'm going to get them still though.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I just read about these is May's issue of Rifleman:
YouTube - LaserLyte Laser Trainer Cartridge

Combine it with their Laser Training Target and you have a nice little home training kit.

It's just too bad they are so expensive...I think I'm going to get them still though.
Nice one. It's roughly $250 with the target and the laser snap cap. Tempting, and helps with trigger control and aim with instant feedback.

Here's a link:

LaserLyte TLB-1 Laser Training System - Laser Training Target

and this

LaserLyte LT-9 Laser Training System - 9MM Laser Trainer Cartridge

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Man that laser trainer is sweet might have to keep that on a Christmas list. Midway is sold out as of now I wish they had them as there are a few things I'd like to order from there and don't want to pay shipping to multiple places if I can help it.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well I was looking at a few things on midway tonight and noticed that the triptons were available so even though I'd rather have the Azooms I needed to spend more to not pay the stupid handeling charge so I went ahead and got them. We'll see how they hold up for me.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
well I was looking at a few things on midway tonight and noticed that the triptons were available so even though I'd rather have the Azooms I needed to spend more to not pay the stupid handeling charge so I went ahead and got them. We'll see how they hold up for me.
Azooms are far better than tiptons and last at least 5x as long, IMHO. I have both and the Tiptons gets pretty beat up faster than you can rack the slide. It's cheaper though. The Tiptons also leave specks of brass material around the extractor and chamber areas with prolonged use.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have had a backorder placed with Midway for about a month now and the 9mm A-Zooms were on the list. I received an email last night saying the A-Zooms were in, and they just updated their website saying they are ready to ship.

·
Registered
263 Posts

I went ahead and ordered the Laserlyte Laser Training System from Midway. They are out of stock right now but should get them back in soon.
This should add some fun to dry firing and allow me to practice various drills while checking accuracy.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
of course they did because i placed my order yesterday for the other ones. Oh well if they don't last I'll just buy some new ones.

I have had a backorder placed with Midway for about a month now and the 9mm A-Zooms were on the list. I received an email last night saying the A-Zooms were in, and they just updated their website saying they are ready to ship.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts