Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyway to make 9mm mags fit into my gun? [XD40-Tactical]
I dont even see why the 15 round mags wont fit, or the 17's. (I saw those somewhere too, for the 9mm.)

Well lets just say I put a conversion barrel in my 40; make it a 9mm. I would also have to switch to 9mm magazines, right? Well how does the 9mm mag automaticaly; fit and fire? Plus hold the extra capacity?

Also, I dont know if this has any importance to the subject at all, but I have read few things about people squeezing, pinching, pulling, grinding etc. to get Berreta* magazines into XD's. <--- Just ignore that statement if it has no reasoning to this particular subject fore it will just take us in the wrong direction.

Forgive my ignorance, I am on my second week of owning my first gun and reading through everything. I am just a little confused and irritated is all, lol. I just want ONE 15 or 17 capacity or bigger mag.

·
Registered
164 Posts
9mm rounds will fit in your 40 magazine, so if you get the conversion barrel, you won't have to worry about getting new magazines.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
right right I see, but I think I would rather still stick with 40S&W. I am just waiting for the ported barrel to come through here, then ill grab it. So I can't load up a 15 or 17 round 9mm magazine FULL or near full of 40S&W?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have had a terriable time with the conversion. 1st- The mags would not feed properly, so I bought new mags 2nd - I started having Extractor problems! about 1 out of ten will be left in the barrel.
I called Springfield and they said the extractor for the 9mm & .40 are the same. I shoot USPSA and gun malfunctions can be a match killer
Does anyone have any suggestion ?

·
Super Moderator
8,970 Posts
The mag tubes on the 9s and 40s is the same. The difference is the feed lips. You are best to stick with the 40 twelve round mags, for reliability reasons.

Sam - I posted my thoughts on your issue, on the other thread.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I sent my XD to Canon Creek and he replaced the extractor and did a trigger job.
And it is running great! So good in fact I bought a 6' ported barrel and I am sending it back to Canon Cerrk for a comp.
Rich is going to turn it into an USPSA open gun :lol:

·
Registered
7 Posts
When I get it back I will post a picture.
Rich said he was going to keep it for a little while for fine tuning.
Anticipation is killing this cat .lol.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts