Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a second opinion on some reloading advice I got from another reloader. I have been loading 9MM Luger bullets using Berry’s 124 grain round nose bullets and Winchester 231 powder. I had to buy some bullets and Berry’s did not have any 124 grain round nose so I bought 124 grain flat point bullets from them. The problem is I can’t find any load data for a 124 grain flat point bullet (plated or lead) using Win 231. I was told by the other reloader that the bullet profile doesn’t matter. As long as the bullets are the same weight, the Win 231 round nose load data can be used. Just adjust the seating die to get the correct cartridge overall length. Is this acceptable or does anyone disagree?

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I agree that charge should be same for same weight bullet regardless of profile. But...i wouldnt expect seating depth to be same reset for profile. Youll want the base of bullet same depth but that wont be same overall length.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Yup. Just adjust your COL.

·
Registered
18,642 Posts
Use the RN recipie and adjust OAL

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree that charge should be same for same weight bullet regardless of profile. But...i wouldnt expect seating depth to be same reset for profile. Youll want the base of bullet same depth but that wont be same overall length.
Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts