Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
20,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 9mm Federal was a rimmed variant of the 9mm Parabellum....Looking for some...or someone who may reload it....??...For those unfamiliar with the chambering, 9mm Federal was basically a rimmed 9mm Parabellum round to be used in snub-nosed revolvers produced by Charter Arms.

·
Registered
29,831 Posts
Nobody makes it any more--that cartridge is more dead than .32 Rimfire.

I'm willing to bet, though, that it reloads just like 9mm...

Might be easier to get your cylinder modified for moon clips and run standard 9mm...or bore your cylinder for .38's.

·
Banned
20,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nobody makes it any more--that cartridge is more dead than .32 Rimfire.

I'm willing to bet, though, that it reloads just like 9mm...

Might be easier to get your cylinder modified for moon clips and run standard 9mm...or bore your cylinder for .38's.
My lgs has one they took on trade....like knew....ss 2 1/2 in...I can get it otd 150

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
If you think 9mm federal is hard to find look for a 22 jet mag.. good luck man

·
Banned
20,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Smith or Ruger?
Charter pit bull....you have any ball park range as to the price to mod it?....arent there companies that specialize in setting revovers up like that...with moon clips and such??

·
Registered
29,831 Posts
Charter pit bull....you have any ball park range as to the price to mod it?....arent there companies that specialize in setting revovers up like that...with moon clips and such??
At $150 it's overpriced.

But most smiths could ream the chambers to .38...good ones could cut it for moon clips--BUT! only do that if it shares the same chamber pattern as a Smith or Ruger, as those are the only 5-shot 9mm moon clips available. An easy way to tell is see it it shares a speedloader with either a S&W or SP101.

·
Banned
20,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
At $150 it's overpriced.

But most smiths could ream the chambers to .38...good ones could cut it for moon clips--BUT! only do that if it shares the same chamber pattern as a Smith or Ruger, as those are the only 5-shot 9mm moon clips available. An easy way to tell is see it it shares a speedloader with either a S&W or SP101.
Thanks, once again, Cuda for good advice. Not sure if it's worth the investment.....Don't need another 38....:lol:...But would be cool to have it in 9mm...

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
Just did a little google fu on the subject. Sounds like the brass is close to being dimensionally identical to .38 S&W and guys were successfully reloading .38 S&W but using the load data & dies for 9mm. Just make sure you don't shoot it in anything specified for .38

9mm federal rimmed

1 - 9 of 9 Posts