Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wonder where point of aim is at 100 yards? XDs xdm 3.8 4.5 ?
I put up a 3 by 4 paper at 100 yards with a bullseye in center with xdm 3.8 & 4.5 I hit the paper almost all the time . I haven't tried the xds yet . My lcrx shoots about 12 inches low . I use wwb 115 ball ammo . If you know thanks for info .

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Woth pistols its hard to say. Chances are accuracy is already dropping fast at that point so figuring an "accurate" hold over will be hardly doable. I would say start off with the same hold over you do with a similar gun in same caliber.

Heck in a VICE custom 5" guns holding 3" at 50yds is darn good. At 100 there is going to be a good bit of play in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29,825 Posts
About six inches.

And don't listen to anyone who says it can't be done; I can ring 8" gongs at 100 fairly regularly. I've watched a guy do it with a snub nose .38, five out if five.

You just need to have your fundamentals down (grip, trigger press, etc), and practice.

What I will say, though--if you can't keep all your rounds fairly tight at 10 yards...you aren't going to make many hits at 100. Start close and work your way out.

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
My Chiappa 1911-22 had the same POA at 100 as at 25 with CCI Mini-Mags but with Remy Thunderbolts it had to be held 6" higher.
It would ring a 12" gong all day at 100yds from standing position, too bad it was junk mechanically.

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
Defensive pistol calibers don't drop near as much as you might imagine.

here's a chart with lots and lots of info

Handgun Trajectory Table

·
Registered
42 Posts
My Buddy and I were hitting 8" steel at 100 yards last week with a 6-8" holdover.
Him using an XDM 5" and me a M&P Pro 5" both in 9mm.

Trigger control is key @ 100 yards.

·
Registered
17 Posts
100yd zero should have you on @ 25 and 100. ymmv.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts