Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 9mm conversion barrel for my XD357 and it seems to fit correctly, but i got 2 FTE after the barrel warmed up and everything was left and high. I know the gun is accurate with the original barrel. What could it be? Is the barrel just defunct?:confused:

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
is it an aftermarket barrel ? if so its probably has a match chamber and will not feed as reliably as your stock barrel , also remember even though the barrel is for 9mm the breech face and extractor are for an altogether diiferent rim size on the slide itself .

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes it is an EFK FireDragon. So because it is a match grade barrel it is not going to eject properly? I am still confused as to why it would shoot high and left.

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
The barrel needs to be fitted. It should have come with instructions on what you need to do to get it to shoot where you aim. The FTEs happen because the breech face of the 357sig cartridge is larger than the 9mm. Your mags might need tweeking to get the FTEs to stop. Closing the mag lips a bit might stop your problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts