Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was buying ammo at walmart today, bought some .380 for my Kel-tec, and I picked up some 9mm to shoot in my XD w/ my new EFK 9mm conversion ,and to my suprise the 380 was almost twice as much as the 9mm.I paid $11.34 for 100 pack of 9mm WWB target loads. $17.00 for the same in .380! why is 9mm so much cheaper than .380?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That makes sense. I 've just never bought 9mm before so I guess I never really noticed.I knew it was cheaper but I didn't know it was that much cheaper.Thanks for the info.

P.S. : Kickass alvatar

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
that price difference really surprises me

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
380 is $17.87 at the local wallyworld

depending on your gun, try wolf 380 from ammoman, $130/case shipped, that ends up being $6.50 per 50, rather than in upwards of $9/box at retail stores. Its a "bimetal" case, not completely steel like the other ammo.

·
Registered
46 Posts
If you compared it to 9mm Blazer at Academy Sports you would have been even more shocked! The Blazer goes for $3.84 a box!!! Needless to say, I don't reload 9mm ammo for IDPA or USPSA matches.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
A buddy of mine just picked up a glock 19 recently and he also was wondering the same thing . He already had a tarus 380 and it was amazing to him that the 9mm cost less then the 380 ammo.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts