Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wanted to let every one know about the CCI Blazer Brass 9mm FMJ at walmart on sale for 8.57 a box. its cheaper than the WWB 100 round packs. i picked up 300 rounds today might go get some more tommorro :)

·
Registered
512 Posts
I think that's the regular price now. I've been trying to stock up, but when I went today they were out. But right now Natchez has regular Blazer on sale for $7 something/box, I'm planning to order a couple of cases on Monday.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i figured you could get it cheaper off the net :) also acadamey sports has it for 7$ a box to. just putting the info out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am not experienced with the different brands of ammo. Is Blaser good? What do you look for when evaluating different brands?
Thanks for any help
DrJ

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
beats me its made by CCI and they make top notch 22 LR ammo so i figure it cant be to bad lol.

im also the type that doesnt care how dirty ammo is, shoot if they had eastern block corrosive 9mm with steel laqured cases and it was cheap enough i would buy it instead lol. (probably by the case to lol)

also just an obersvation, the WWB is not the best/cleanest ammo out there either! any body remeber when they used to label it "made in croatia" or some eastern European country lol

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
how does the blazer brass compare to WWB as far as clean burning, accuracy, reliability? Never used blazer but use WWB with no problems.
I've never had any trouble with Blazer function wise. But it sure is dirty!

i figured you could get it cheaper off the net :) also acadamey sports has it for 7$ a box to. just putting the info out.
Academy (today, in DFW) had blazer for $9/box... a little bit more than Wally World.

·
Registered
512 Posts
at one time I heard a rumor that WWB was made by S&B, but I've never heard that confirmed. I've never had a problem with the WWB or Blazer Brass in any of my guns, I've just been getting the Blazer Brass because it's cheaper. If they've still got the regular old aluminum case Blazer on sale Monday, I'm going to order a couple of cases of that.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
I've shot thousands of 9mm Blazer and WWB. Both feed fine in my XD. The Blazer is a little dirtier, but that doesn't matter if the gun is going to get cleaned either way. The gun itself has never complained.

·
Premium Member
4,402 Posts
I think that's the regular price now. I've been trying to stock up, but when I went today they were out. But right now Natchez has regular Blazer on sale for $7 something/box, I'm planning to order a couple of cases on Monday.
I'm pretty sure you're correct on this....this has been the price for 9mm at my local Walmart for a couple of months now. I liked it better when it was five bucks a box....but what are we going to do....it's only gonna go up

·
Registered
199 Posts
I used Blazer Brass for the first time last week at the range and will not buy it again. It is $8.57 everyday at Wal-Mart (No Sale). So those of you that don't have an issue buying this ammo you can get it at that price all the time.

I think its dirty and not a good as the wwb at Wal-Mart. The savings is so small compared to the white box it's not worth it to me.

I don't care for it and will not use this ammo again. I'll stick to the white box of winchester for range shooting.

·
Registered
708 Posts
I used Blazer Brass for the first time last week at the range and will not buy it again. It is $8.57 everyday at Wal-Mart (No Sale). So those of you that don't have an issue buying this ammo you can get it at that price all the time.

I think its dirty and not a good as the wwb at Wal-Mart. The savings is so small compared to the white box it's not worth it to me.

I don't care for it and will not use this ammo again. I'll stick to the white box of winchester for range shooting.
I will have to respectfully disagree with you about Blazer Brass Ammo being "Dirty". I have shot BOTH WWB & BB. The WWB is much dirtier than the Blazer Brass made by Federal. This not my opinion, it's actual shooting results. In an XD. Wally World also sells Blazer Brass .45 for $13.97 for 230 grain. Also cleaner than WWB Winchester.

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
I will have to respectfully disagree with you about Blazer Brass Ammo being "Dirty". I have shot BOTH WWB & BB. The WWB is much dirtier than the Blazer Brass made by Federal. This not my opinion, it's actual shooting results. In an XD. Wally World also sells Blazer Brass .45 for $13.97 for 180 grain. Also cleaner than WWB Winchester.
I'll second that, WWB has always been dirtier in my XD45. For plinking with the XD45 i'm stickin with Blazer brass. We cleaned out the last eight boxes of 9mm at wally world yesterday.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I picked up 400 rounds of BBlat week. Great price! I'm going to go pick up some more this Friday. They had a lot of stock on hand. i also agree that BB is cleaner than wwb.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
You can reload for about 1/2 that cost depending on components

·
Registered
182 Posts
For those of you around Dick's Sporting Goods, they're running 7.97 per box (min. 10) till the end of the year I think

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
I've shot alot of .45 blazer and more wwb .45 so far no real diff in accuracy to me not really sure which is cleaner their both pretty dirty most of the time. only thing wwb has over BB is the last box of 9mm BB i shot has a bullet tip that had a thin sliver of metal (casting probably) on it and was pretty sharp not sure how i missed it when loading the mag but i nearly chambered that rnd and while im sure it wouldnt have broken anything on my xd i really dont want my feed ramp dug into. only one rnd like that though have never seen it in any of the other BB ammo i've shot so for now still thinking a freak occurance and not regular

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
My local wal-mart never has blazer brass 9mm.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts

I saw that ad yesterday, glad to see prices are dropping some. Still would have to buy a significant quantity with shipping to beat that Walmart price though.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I'll second that, WWB has always been dirtier in my XD45. For plinking with the XD45 i'm stickin with Blazer brass. We cleaned out the last eight boxes of 9mm at wally world yesterday.

I'll 3rd that,WWB has always shot Alot dirtier in all my guns than CCI Blazer ,,Problem is My local walmarts only have blazer in 45 which I buy but only WWB in 9mm:(

1 - 20 of 42 Posts