Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok AR gurus, help the AK guy build a 9mm.

I have a complete Anderson lower and was looking at a Wilson upper with a ramped CMMG bolt/carrier. Would I need a 9mm specific hammer??

Mag adapters, Promag?? i need easy (cheap) to find mags.

Buffer weight?? I have a standard carbine buffer spring from DSA, I guess an 'H'.

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
I believe any milspec trigger will work if you have a ramped bolt.

Seems the ProMag mag block is the cheapest, saw a couple options ($$$) by Spikes or RRA that would work too. Same basic design I think.

I think they make 9mm specific buffers.

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
This time, I am glad to be able to help you out for a change Einheit.

If you're looking for a drop in conversion to your existing lower and use with a 9mm upper, I think the Hahn is the best choice out there and they have a kit that uses sten mags or uzi mags AR-15 - Hahn Precision

or Spikes tactical http://www.spikestactical.com/lower-parts-spikes-enhanced-magwell-block-9mm-p-188.html

As for specific parts, you don't necessarily need a "9mm" hammer, though you want one with a smooth face (like DPMS sells) so the 9mm bolt doesn't drag and hang on it.

You said it came with a tapered bolt, so that is taken care of.

If you are going to use a collapsible stock, you'll want an H3 or dedicated 9mm buffer (because of the blowback and heavier spike). If you are using a rifle stock, you will not need a specific buffer because rifle buffers are already heavier than collapsible buffers.
DoubleStar 9mm Luger Heavy Buffer AR-15 Carbine

Many people also prefer to use KNS pins due to the extra pressure exerted on the fire control group pins.
KNS Hammer Trigger Pin 2nd Generation 2nd Modification Non Rotating

·
Registered
5,759 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks John. I am debating now whether to do a 9mm AR or just purchase a factory 9mm carbine. I fondled a Taurus CT9. Roughly the same price of a build.

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
The big thing about the Taurus that I don't like is the 10 round mags.

I'm not sure if/when anyone will make a regular capacity magazine.

·
Premium Member
9,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The big thing about the Taurus that I don't like is the 10 round mags.

I'm not sure if/when anyone will make a regular capacity magazine.
FMK-3 mags work with minimal modification. I got some FMK mags in a lot i bought of AK and what I was told were Uzi mags. So i got 30 AK-74 (Polish steel) and 10 FMK mags.

Not what i would do, but the mag mod is

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
Funny you mentioned the uzi.

I just bought a century arms clone uzi last week to add to my pistol caliber collection.

After almost a half a case of ammo straight out of the box with no extra lube other than what came in the gun when I opened it and no malfunctions whatsoever, I say that is really good.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts