Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dick's just opened near me and is selling Remington UMC ammo for $7.98 case price or $9.98 sale price. Is this good ammo or should I stick to WWB?

·
Registered
366 Posts
Remington UMC is good stuff. I have shot several hundred rounds in 9mm. Also, I have shot it in .223, .380 and 38spl.

·
Registered
189 Posts
UMC is good, shoots perfect from a xd... although it is loaded on the light side, I have seen cycling and/or other problems with other pistols. 100% track record in both my xd's though.

·
Registered
566 Posts
I have had my hi-power choke on it a few times:(.it is the only ammo out there it doesn't like.
pete

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
I have no problem with the UMC ammo. I've shot several boxes through the XD's with no problems. I do prefer to shoot the WWB ammo though since I seem to get better results with it.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
okay went looking on dickssportinggoods.com. Where the crap is the ammo section? I must be blind
-Thomas

·
Registered
411 Posts
You can go to Dick's website and at the bottom of the page click weekly circular and put in your zip and then you can look at some rifles and ammo prices.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just picked up 10 boxes at Dick's for $79.80. Now I just need my gun to get here next tuesday.

·
Premium Member
1,038 Posts
UMC is good, shoots perfect from a xd... although it is loaded on the light side, I have seen cycling and/or other problems with other pistols. 100% track record in both my xd's though.
I agree. I have about 750 rounds on hand and have bought about 2K. My SA Loaded liked it, and so did my XD 4", but my EMP couldn't lock the slide after emptying the magazine. Winchester USA (WWB) has a noticeably firmer kick and can lock the EMP's slide.

I have sold all my guns, though, because of the economy. And I sold them cheaply to share the wealth (or lack thereof).

·
Premium Member
6,603 Posts
I have sold all my guns, though, because of the economy. And I sold them cheaply to share the wealth (or lack thereof).
You mean you didn't sell them at a profit, the amount of which would ordinarily have to be reported on your tax returns? How un-patriotic of you...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yesterday they gave me an extra 15 % off the 7.95 price. I wish I had bought more than. Went back today and only got the sale price ($7.95) oh well, Yesterday it was 1000 rounds of 9mm and today it was 1000 rounds of 9mm and 500 of 45acp. I have to stop this or I wiil broke soon.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts