Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if you have one in your area, definitely check it out. Lots of canned foods and bottled water for cheap. they have a 3 pk cases(24 bottles per case) of 16oz bottled waters for $7.99. or it mightve been 16 bottles per case and 24oz bottles.
Lots of good utensils for your BOB and medicines as well.

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
I just stocked up on gauze, bandages, bandage wraps, etc. for the car at the general dollar.
Excellent way to get some first aid kits going.

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
my MiL bought some baked beans with diced chili for $.99 each from the $.99 store. they look good. gonna have to try it.

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
I just stocked up on gauze, bandages, bandage wraps, etc. for the car at the general dollar.
Excellent way to get some first aid kits going.
dont remind me. im way far behind on my SHTF medical supply.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
if you have one in your area, definitely check it out. Lots of canned foods and bottled water for cheap. they have a 3 pk cases(24 bottles per case) of 16oz bottled waters for $7.99. or it mightve been 16 bottles per case and 24oz bottles.
Lots of good utensils for your BOB and medicines as well.
40/16oz bottles of water at COSTCO or SAMS are 3.99 so 7.99 aint no deal... Even the local corner stores here sell 24bottle packs for under 5 bucks

Their food is cheap Mexican import crap but hey if ya feel good go for it....
Ill stick to paying a few pennies more for stuff I know Im not that close to broke yet....

Oh and there is one of these 99 cent stores within a mile of my house I DRIVE BY IT on my way to the real store...

·
Registered
19,988 Posts
When the dollar type stores first started out, they had genuine deals on real products, that just didn't sell as well as hoped. As they become more popular; they were forced to fill their shelves with the same garbage you can buy at Harbor Freight and Aldi for $.50.

I remember being in one that was having a half off going out of business sale....and then the short bus crew showed up for an outing....It was like Walmart Concentrate!

·
Registered
182 Posts
The cheaper the stuff, the poorer the people look who are there.

So apparently the people that shop at these aren't thrifty or wise, but quite the opposite? So what's the point of shopping there at all? lol

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hey, not all of us are rolling in dough and making it rain at strip joints. If you can afford name brand stuff, by all means go spend the extra couple of pennies elsewhere.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts