Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a new 911 .380 and bought it. Already have a Sig p238 and Kimber micro .380. Now have triplets.
Only thing I don't like about the 911 is the ambi safety. I think replacing the Springfield with a Sig 238 single safety would work. Just wondered if anyone has done that successfully.
I also have a Sig p938 that came with an ambi safety and was able to install the P238 single safety in it.

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
Probably not. Kinda curious to see how this goes for you. I gotta be honest, I'm not too hopefull on it. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't get it.
From what I've read this 911 .380 is very popular and in big demand.
I cannot find anyone writing about it on any of the Springfield forums.
I did report that the magazines for the Kimber Micro and Sig P238 don't work in the 911.
I also found when shooting the 911 that when trying to push the safety on the 911 into the fire position my grip prevents this from happening.
I must loosen my grip so that my hand is not preventing the safety from moving.
I did try to replace the ambi safety with one from a Sig 9238 but it doesn't work.
Hasn't anyone else had this problem?

Guess I made a mistake buying this thing. Will be on my list of guns to dump.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have been writing about it on a few forums including this one.
You can interchange mag's and what is great is the springfield mags are cheaper, and the extended mag works as well.
Search youtube and one of the first reviews that come up shows the mags being used in each gun.
I have no problem with the ambi safety but I do prefer a single sided safety, training is everything and not all firearms fit everyone, I would purchase a single sided safety if they start producing one.

·
Registered
976 Posts
I don't get it.
From what I've read this 911 .380 is very popular and in big demand.
I cannot find anyone writing about it on any of the Springfield forums.
I did report that the magazines for the Kimber Micro and Sig P238 don't work in the 911.
I also found when shooting the 911 that when trying to push the safety on the 911 into the fire position my grip prevents this from happening.
I must loosen my grip so that my hand is not preventing the safety from moving.
I did try to replace the ambi safety with one from a Sig 9238 but it doesn't work.
Hasn't anyone else had this problem?

Guess I made a mistake buying this thing. Will be on my list of guns to dump.
Ever consider having the ambi safety milled down so it's just a nub? Should still reassemble properly but not get in the way. I have thought about doing this to my XDe. Figured if it was done right it could be cold blued or duracoated black and it would just look like an assembly pin head or button.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did think about cutting down the right handed safety. It probably would function properly.
Still would like to find a way to replace it with a single sided safety.

Thesparkens mentioned using mags from Sig/Kimber.
I have both and although they fit nicely, they don't work on the range.
When you try to jack a round into the chamber they hang up. I tried various types of ammo. No-go.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have been writing about it on a few forums including this one.
You can interchange mag's and what is great is the springfield mags are cheaper, and the extended mag works as well.
Search youtube and one of the first reviews that come up shows the mags being used in each gun.
I have no problem with the ambi safety but I do prefer a single sided safety, training is everything and not all firearms fit everyone, I would purchase a single sided safety if they start producing one.
My issue is a new never fired 911 the right side safety lever just fell off when I moved the lever

·
Registered
1 Posts
So my wife bought one of these 911. She is left handed and got the alpha, the one without the Ambi safety. I would like to switch it to the Ambi safety so anyone wanna swap for the single sided?

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
I have tried Colt Mustang magazines (three different ones,) and they fit function and shoot just fine. I have the Ambi safety and it does not bother me, could be a good thing if I have to carry lefty for awhile.

Love my 911 380, my EDC at home, (I carry everywhere)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Well I have had my .390 911 for just about 2 years now, and its still my goto .380 gun (Vs the Ruger LCP Aniversity version). It sits right now loaded in chamber with the safety ON right next to my M&P Sheild EZ 9 fully loaded with the safety on loaded. They get along just fine !

If one doesn't like the amby safety, one has never had a 1911 !

1 - 11 of 11 Posts