Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Went and put one just like this on layaway at Cabela's...

XD45 4" service OD frame w/SS slide. This will be the longest 90 days that I will experience.....:p:p:p

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Trying to work with the chief financial officer to see if I can get off of parole earlier than this.....I'll keep everyone posted......:-x:-x:-x

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
Also check to see if they will price match others. I don't know what Cabela's charges, but Scheel's sells for $550 on the Tactical, and probably a bit less for the Service. If Cabela's charges more, ask for a price match. I live about 80 miles from the closest Cabela's, but my local Scheel's will price match for Cabela's, hopefully Cabela's will do the same.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
After it is all said and done, it would've cost me the same from either store, and Cabela's is ALOT closer to me than Scheel's is, so........:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
Just trying to help ya get it quicker. :mrgreen: It wouldn't hurt though to call Scheel's and get their price on it, then ask Cabela's to price match if it's lower.

Personally, I'm pissed off at my local Scheel's right now. I just bought $2500 in guns last week from them, then went in to trade my XD-9 for the XD-45 Tactical. They said they were doing me a favor by offering $325 in trade, since they usually only give $300, and that they would sell it for $475. So when I asked why they were going to make $150 off the trade and as much or more off the sale of a new XD, the manager's response was, "We're offering you $25 more than we usually would, and it's the store's policy to make that much for a trade."

I went across the street to Gander Mountain, where the firearms manager was a former Scheel's employee. He gave me $375. Now I just have to wait for the XD to get in stock. You've got to wait 90 days, and I feel your pain. Hopefully I only have to wait a few more days.:twisted:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Went and put one just like this on layaway at Cabela's...

XD45 4" service OD frame w/SS slide. This will be the longest 90 days that I will experience.....:p:p:p
Congrats on the nice pistol.I bought one just like it 2 weeks ago at a local gunstore & he still had had 3 more in this configuration.This is my first one of color other than black.I kinda like the change.:-D

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah i know a few others that have the black and od green combo, so when I saw this, I jumped on it......plus I got the last one of that combo, after that they only had one of the black left in all black....I see this as a score in my book.....:cool:

·
Registered
815 Posts
i for some reason like my guns in combos other than black. not that i dont like black i just like to have a good variety. i have a bitone sc and an OD glock. i guess at some point i need to include an all balck to achieve a real variety. Congrats on the beautiful gun! it will get here before u know it! hang tight!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Just trying to help ya get it quicker. :mrgreen: It wouldn't hurt though to call Scheel's and get their price on it, then ask Cabela's to price match if it's lower.

Personally, I'm pissed off at my local Scheel's right now. I just bought $2500 in guns last week from them, then went in to trade my XD-9 for the XD-45 Tactical. They said they were doing me a favor by offering $325 in trade, since they usually only give $300, and that they would sell it for $475. So when I asked why they were going to make $150 off the trade and as much or more off the sale of a new XD, the manager's response was, "We're offering you $25 more than we usually would, and it's the store's policy to make that much for a trade."

I went across the street to Gander Mountain, where the firearms manager was a former Scheel's employee. He gave me $375. Now I just have to wait for the XD to get in stock. You've got to wait 90 days, and I feel your pain. Hopefully I only have to wait a few more days.:twisted:
They would only do that to me once and I would be long gone, never to show my face in there store again. There is way to much competition out there to put up with that. Its called "one and done" with me.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The second longest 90 days would be waiting for a CWP.

Btw, SWEET looking XD. Hadnt seen one like it before.

I already have my CCW permit.......but ours is fairly easy, 4 hour class, then range time, and about a week after, permit in hand.....:cool::cool::cool:

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
My 1st XD is a .45 in all black. My 2nd & 3rd are bi-tone 9mm. 1 service and 1 sc. I did that partly so I wouldn't ever confuse the 9mm and .45 when grabbing one.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Having played around with both I have noticed the 9mm to weigh less in hand than the .45ACP....Just me though.....:):)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts