Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I am going to get a SC this week(after I sell my Remington Rand 1911A1). I am torn though. I was thinking of a 9 for a more controllable SC and thought that the 40 would be too snappy. I just dont know what to do. I have a 4" 40 and shoot it well. I have not shot a 9 or 40 SC. I also think I can swap mags (with a sleeve) between the SC and Service if I get the 40.

Also, my gunsmith and local gunshops are having a hard time getting the 9 and not the 40.

Oh the dilemma. Input would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
4,421 Posts
Get the .40 and a 9mm Conversion barrel.

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I won't spend the money on a conversion barrel. I would spend it on ammo. I am just wondering if the 40SC will be too snappy to shoot and I wont shoot it as much. I am leaning toward the 40 though...to stick to caliber....but if I get the 9SC I would have the 9SC, 40 Service and 45 tac.

increasing calibers...increasing size.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm very pleased with my 40SC. My range buddy has the 9SC and while there's definitely a noticeable difference in "snap," it's hardly enough to make me enjoy shooting the 40 any less.

I still say, carry the biggest caliber you feel comfortable shooting. 45 in a Sub Compact is one thing, but 40 is very manageable.

Just my 2 cents!

·
Premium Member
4,949 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm planning on getting the 9mm, but that's because I already have a 9mm service and I want to be able to share mags and ammo. My dealer is having trouble finding one though, seems like they've all been snatched up since a week ago.

·
Registered
693 Posts
I've shot the 40SC and own the 4" 40 and the recoil seems pretty similar to me, but the nine is a little more manageable. A little.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I'd hold out for a XD9

·
Registered
537 Posts
Get the forty!

You already own one, you can interchange magazines.

Better ballistic capabilities (Yes I said it) look at:

http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/buickot1.html

And yes I have shot and own both the .40 and the 9mm in SC.

If you are already shooting a .40 the increase in snappines wont be felt as much.

I don't feel out-gunned while "packing" the XD9, but I feel a little more adequate with the XD40.

Also keep in mind the amount of round each platform provides.
You get a few extra shots out of the XD9 before you need to reload.

Whatever choice you make; keep in mind you can not go wrong either way.

·
Registered
639 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Get the 40, and the 40oz. Shoot Shoot Shoot then Drink a cold one!!!

·
Registered
512 Posts
as hard as I've tried, I just shoot better (much better) with 9mm. There are plenty of good self-defense rounds available, and with .40 practice ammo costing half again the cost of 9mm, I'm sticking with 9.

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I think I am going to head toward the 40. I have an M9 I can shoot if I want to shoot 9mm, and 40 or 9, I am going to practice...doesn't matter which.

I really need to start looking at reloading. :confused: I want the Cadillac to start though...Dillon 550. Get the guns before they get banned...then look at the reloading...that is my plan.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I have the XD9 service and if I were you I would stay with 40...One ammo to buy for both...I'm in the process of switching from my 380 carry to 9mm...I only carry my 9 now only want one ammo...no mistakes when loading at the range.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts