Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
8,566 Posts
Does anyone know of any 9mm carbines that are able use the same mag as an XD 9 ?
i never heard of one.

the beretta cx4 storm uses the very common beretta 92 9mm mags.

Beretta Cx4 Storm - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

commonality is good when all other things are equal. Like if you could option up a CX4 to take glock mags, sig mags, or XD mags that would be neat if you already owned 7-10 mags of said manufacturers and you are saving $37 a mag x 10 = $400 after tax.

but i wouldnt buy an inferior gun just to have mag commonality.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Theres a carbine kit out there that uses the frame/mags from a glock pistol. And I believe the 40 cal version of hi point carbines use the same mag as the hi point pistol. To my knowledge there is no carbine version of the XD or anything that would take a XD magazine.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
I don't know of any carbines using XD mags and can't imagine why anyone would make one (no offense to the XD intended in any way...I love all of my XD's).

If you are looking for the closest thing, you really only have a couple of viable options (in no particular order):

1) The Beretta CX4 Storm carbine (9mm = M92/M9 mags; 40 S&W = M96 mags; 45acp = 8000 mags);

2) The Olympic Arms K9, K40, K10 and K45 Carbines (these are available in both modified mag designs and Glock Mag designs: The K10 use ONLY modified Uzi mags, the K45 uses ONLY modified Sten mags; while the K9 and K40 are designed with dedicated lowers for a) Glock mags or b) modified mags). You have to chose the glock or modified lower and they will each only accept the mag they were designed for. The great thing about the K9-GL is that it will accept readily available G19 33-round mags!!

and

3) The RRA LAR-9 CAR and Mid-length rifles which right now use a mag block on a standard AR lower with either Colt SMG or modified Uzi mags (up to 32 rounds of 9mm). RRA is also introducing a dedicated 9mm lower that will only accept the 9mm mags which should be out this year. The RRA, IMHO, is the best 9mm carbine on the market right now.

·
Registered
178 Posts
i never heard of one.

the beretta cx4 storm uses the very common beretta 92 9mm mags.

Beretta Cx4 Storm - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

commonality is good when all other things are equal. Like if you could option up a CX4 to take glock mags, sig mags, or XD mags that would be neat if you already owned 7-10 mags of said manufacturers and you are saving $37 a mag x 10 = $400 after tax.

but i wouldnt buy an inferior gun just to have mag commonality.
I couldn't help but say I have a CX4 in 9mm and honest to goodness it is one of the most fun guns I have to take to the range.

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
I'm getting a KT Sub 2000 soon and they can take a variety of mags with slight modification to the mag catch. Probably can only use existing catch parts that KT sells for their various mag models (Beretta, Smith, etc). Never heard of anyone using an XD mag but will ask around.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts