Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
This will be used against the rest of us responsible gun owners by the new administration.

No doubt about it.

Assault weapon ban here we come! :twisted:

Now:

This is me assuming OK; I do not know much other than what was published in this very tragic article, feel free to correct me if needed:

The UZI probably had a full clip, and yes those are clips because they hang out/stick out of the weapon.

That full clip might have been filled with an "X" amount of rounds past the 20 round count. With clips available starting at 10 rounds going all the way up to 50 and some crazy ones with 100 rounds (but those are drums, so we'll leave those out of this picture)

What caliber?? maybe a 9mm? could've been a .22 or 45 but we'll stick to 9 this being the most popular.

Firing rate:
approx 600rn/minute

Weight 7.72 lb unloaded.

Now with these facts in mind...

Would you let your 8 year old fire this particular weapon on a full clip?

That is my problem right there...
Negligence is part of the whole ordeal.

You could argue "Yeah but when I was 7 my dad had me shoot his 12Ga, or 9mm"

But they are not the same circumstances nor the same type of weapon.

This is such a tragedy for everyone :oops:

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
8,632 Posts
I just read the article again on my local newspapers site. I couldn' stand the comments, so I had to comment back. How did i do:

"Gun _Freaks wrote:
<quoted text>
Please explain how the instance of outlawing guns will actually put more guns in the hands of outlaws? For some reason if guns were to become illegal, outlaws would have further inspiration to accumulate more of the than they do now? Fool. "
My response:
I agree that this child should never had an uzi put in his hands. That is just an accident waiting to happen.However, it is instances like this where everyone starts with their "all guns should be outlawed". What did the gun do? exactly what it was supposed to. Should we outlaw Mcdonalds because of our obesity rate? And to this person I have quoted, before you talked about how "foolish" it is to think criminals would be the only people with guns, why don't you do a little study on the murder rate in Washington D.C., or Chicago-both of which have excessive gun control mandates. After you finish that, look up the murder rates in Vermont and Indiana. Both of these states have the lowest murder rates in the country. I think that stands for itself.

The first part was a quote from the idiot left wing he posted right before me.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I just read the article again on my local newspapers site. I couldn' stand the comments, so I had to comment back. How did i do:
"Gun _Freaks wrote:
<quoted text>
Please explain how the instance of outlawing guns will actually put more guns in the hands of outlaws? For some reason if guns were to become illegal, outlaws would have further inspiration to accumulate more of the than they do now? Fool. "
My response:
I agree that this child should never had an uzi put in his hands. That is just an accident waiting to happen.However, it is instances like this where everyone starts with their "all guns should be outlawed". What did the gun do? exactly what it was supposed to. Should we outlaw Mcdonalds because of our obesity rate? And to this person I have quoted, before you talked about how "foolish" it is to think criminals would be the only people with guns, why don't you do a little study on the murder rate in Washington D.C., or Chicago-both of which have excessive gun control mandates. After you finish that, look up the murder rates in Vermont and Indiana. Both of these states have the lowest murder rates in the country. I think that stands for itself.

The first part was a quote from the idiot left wing he posted right before me.

And that would have been me...

And no I am not an idiot left wing. Maybe you're just a plain idiot who can't read and pick up on certain level of sarcasm attached to my post. Too complicated for your social skills maybe; who knows?

If you would READ my post and understand my point of view, you would have then posted a more assertive and constructive comment with the proper QUOTATION.

P.S. GUNS KILL PEOPLE LIKE SPOONS MAKE YOU FAT!!!
Repeat ten times...
then come back with a better post...

Guns SHOULD not be outlawed....

People with guns doing stupid irresponsible actions SHOULD be held accountable for such.

·
Registered
8,632 Posts
That was sarcasm? Perhaps you can forgive me then, as it sounded EXACTLY like a left wing would put into words. With the "fool" at the end, it just solidified the sincerity I though. Maybe I read it wrong, and if so, then I apologize. To me, it sounded awfully sincere, and as you saw from the other posts....people were saying things to that same effect in a serious manner. However, since i know that yours was sarcasm, I feel rest assured that one more person shares my view. We are on the same side. I will make a note to edit that post on the papers website and aim it towards the ACTUAL left wing idiots!

·
Registered
537 Posts
No biggie, I was just trying to get my point across. But I did it in a long post, and sometimes in the fast paced internet world people do not have time to read and process long posts with different points of view.

It is hard sometimes get the real meaning behind someone's post.
So yeah no offense taken.

Just wanted to clarify my view.

Back to topic though; this is such a tragedy for the boy, his family, the gun show/club and us responsible gun owners/packers.

I'm not sure if prosecuting somebody here would help, I think it would just bring the situation to a boiling point.
But that's just my opinion.

·
Registered
8,632 Posts
I agree. I do believe giving an 8 year old an Uzi is a little excessive, but I would not go as far to think anyone should be prosecuted. The sad thing is that incidents like this turn something as instructional and fun as a gun show into a bad experience for everyone involved.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Better article here:

Grieving father says he gave son, 8, permission to fire Uzi - Local News Updates - The Boston Globe

Additional precautions should have been taken, of course.

but consider:

But recent research from the National SAFE KIDS Campaign shows that nearly 9 out of 10 children between ages 1 and 14 who drowned were under supervision when they died. The study defined supervision as being in someone's care, not necessarily in direct line of sight.
And as children begin summer breaks and families plan vacations near water, caregivers should be mindful of what constitutes adequate supervision because more than 900 children between 1 and 14 die each year in drowning accidents, according to SAFE KIDS.
CNN.com - Report: Most children who drown are supervised - May 27, 2004

I wonder how many kids die a year in organized/supervised shooting events?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts