Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read many have purchased 47D or McCormick 8 round .45 mags.
Many have had problems of some sort with both.

If you had to buy another .45 8 round mag, what would you buy and why?

THANK YOU!!

·
Registered
29,831 Posts
Wilson 47Ds or ETM's...but those are MY pistols.

You're going to find that every magazine has an issue with somebody's pistol, so buy one, see if it runs with YOUR pistol, and don't fret what other people use.

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
Tripp Research Cobra Mag is another option I like. Ive never had any issue with CM, WC or TR.

Keep in mind, many times, malfunctions are incorrectly diagnosed.

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
I've read many have purchased 47D or McCormick 8 round .45 mags.
Many have had problems of some sort with both.

If you had to buy another .45 8 round mag, what would you buy and why?

THANK YOU!!
McCormick. They're cheap and I got 6 of them and haven't had any issues. They're all mass produced, so you will find malfunctions in whatever brand you choose.

·
Registered
573 Posts
I carry Wilson 47d in my sa loaded .45 acp and use at range also. Never have issues out of mine, but I've never had issues out of the factory mags either. Every pistol is different.

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
Run Wilson ETM's in both my TRP and SA1911SC with no problems at all. Also have. Tried the Mcormicks without a problem.

Bowser

·
Registered
671 Posts
I use 47D's when I carry the Springfield, and honestly, whatever else is cheap for the range. C-Products, Shooting stars, old surplus ones, they all work great.
I've been looking at the Elander mags recently, seem pretty nice for the price.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm using SA mags now, and have never had a problem with any of them. I just like the idea of 8 + 1 in the .45 as a home defense weapon.

Of the suggested mags mentioned above, if you have mis-feeds, or failure to lock open on the last round, does the company replace the mag or refund your money???

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
I'm using SA mags now, and have never had a problem with any of them. I just like the idea of 8 + 1 in the .45 as a home defense weapon.

Of the suggested mags mentioned above, if you have mis-feeds, or failure to lock open on the last round, does the company replace the mag or refund your money???
I haven't spent a lot of time looking at 1911 magazines, but I haven't seen anyone advertise that.

·
Registered
29,831 Posts

Nope.

Why should they? Unless there's a defect in the magazine...

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
Tripp Research Cobra Mag is another option I like. Ive never had any issue with CM, WC or TR.

Keep in mind, many times, malfunctions are incorrectly diagnosed.
Usually those pesky extractors. Or something with the slide stop.

What's a couple other mags, checkmate and metal form? Seems they get favorable scores too.

Kimber Kim-Pros too

·
Premium Member
4,437 Posts
Another vote... Wilson ETM!

·
Registered
372 Posts
Hello,

I use McCormick 8 round mags. I had 2 that were flaky. It turned out that the top feed lips need to be adjusted. After adjusting they work fine. I think most 1911 mags can be tuned at some point. Especially if you play shooting games like IDPA or USPSA and drop mags on the floor with rounds in them.

- Mike

·
Registered
665 Posts
Buy WILSON magazines !! Chip M. always would nose dive on the last round or not lock the slide open on the last round. His customer stinks too.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts