Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Vendor
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
7 Awesome Concealed Carry Guns For Older Carriers Some people find as they age that they need to change concealed carry guns as the pistol they're used to just isn't to their liking anymore. Granted, some people have no issues; it's all really down to you in the end.

Usually, age brings arthritis and a bit more sensitivity to sharp knocks, though no change in resilience. As a result, you'd probably start thinking of switching to something with a bit less recoil, a bit less snap, and a bit easier to shoot with hands that may not be as strong as they used to be.

Granted, you can also just switch to a reduced-recoil load and not have as many issues. With that said, here are 7 great picks for the concealed carrier that may want to switch to something that shoots a little softer.

Continue reading at: 7 Great Concealed Carry Guns For Older Carrier - Alien Gear Holsters Blog

·
Registered
29,564 Posts
Yeah, I read the other article by this yayhoo about “best carry revolvers”...

Colt Detective Special? Sure, great gun, but not made anymore, and getting pricier every day.

EAA Windicator? Cheez’n’rice, it makes Taurus look like quality...

Yet, what is probably the most popular carry revolver—the S&W 642/442–is not on the list.

Worthless writing. Waste of bandwidth.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Yeah, I read the other article by this yayhoo about “best carry revolvers”...

Colt Detective Special? Sure, great gun, but not made anymore, and getting pricier every day.

EAA Windicator? Cheez’n’rice, it makes Taurus look like quality...

Yet, what is probably the most popular carry revolver—the S&W 642/442–is not on the list.

Worthless writing. Waste of bandwidth.
Still have my Colt custom shop Cobra agent but it stay in the safe as it is way too nice be carrying.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Well, let me break out my walker and toddle over to the LGS...

·
Registered
29,564 Posts
Still have my Colt custom shop Cobra agent but it stay in the safe as it is way too nice be carrying.
I’ve got a second-issue Cobra myself (as well as a couple of the other Serpents...), but it’s not in the carry rotation, either.

Honestly prefer one of my 36’s in that role...

·
Registered
9,455 Posts
new alien gear holster & mag carrier are SO bulky!! sending the new carrier back. trying out the new IWB today and we'll see...
I bought one of the mag carriers about a year ago. I've carried it maybe twice.
Pretty nifty idea and packaging, but it's still bulky.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I bought one of the mag carriers about a year ago. I've carried it maybe twice.
Pretty nifty idea and packaging, but it's still bulky.
shape shifting has its price. I have a minimal mag carried that does a much better job. I'm finding their shape-shifting IWB is as bulky as it looks...today will decide as the one I've been using for years is very thin and trim (and cheaper)...directions were also terrible on how to adjust tension - until I saw the video online.

Peace,
Michael J.

·
Registered
33 Posts
ruger-sp101.jpg
range-officer-compact-model.png

One of these would do it, and I would choose the SP101 .357, over the Springfield, which is a 9mm.
It ain't caliber so much, it is the handy nature of that snub nose. I just like it, a little more. {The Springfield is a sweet looking gun though.}

1 - 13 of 13 Posts