Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 7.7 mm *** rifle, Ive had this rifle since 1969 i bought this rifle used in 1969. It has no front or rear sights, Has a tasco 3x9 scope and sling. does anyone know where i can get some info on this rifle, or know anything about these guns? Thanks larry

·
Registered
895 Posts
Please share some pics, I know nothing of this rifle but I'm sure someone on here will.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Izzoquazzo said:
Did you look further down? Why are you asking this in XD(m) discussion area?
He's new and this is his first post, instead of belittling his question for posting in the wrong area , direct him to the proper place as a xd'r usually do, doing things like this separates us from the rest of the gun forums.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He's new and this is his first post, instead of belittling his question for posting in the wrong area , direct him to the proper place as a xd'r usually do, doing things like this separates us from the rest of the gun forums.
If people like this is in this group Ildf rather not be a member, if he was in front of me and said that ild probable knock him on his smart ass. so ill just delete this web sight . thanks anyway.

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
...wow....

So... I'm gonna try to start fresh.

WELCOME TO XD TALK!

Pics would greatly help in identifying the rifle. I have a Type 99 that is 7.7mm that my grandpa brought back from Iwo Jima; that's probably what you have. I dont really know alot about Japanese WW2 weapons, but IIRC, the Type 99 was the only 7.7mm battle rifle they used.

Again, welcome!

·
Registered
786 Posts
I like this site because of the wise guys, and smart remarks its called humor. I also feel that anyone that jumps someone for posting in the wrong thread then gets crap-ie should go join one of the snottie groups where they belong!!!!! and yes I know I hijacked this Thread
so shoot me

·
Registered
895 Posts
What you call humor someone else might not, it has nothing to with being "snobby" it's about educating people properly, some come here for social purposes and some come for knowledge and a lot come here for both, that guy made his first post, although it was in the wrong section, he asked for help. So the thread is not hijacked we're still going down the same path as the second post in this thread. The Op is gone now probably not coming back cause of the "humor". This thread is useless now. 

·
Premium Member
12,086 Posts
I have a 7.7 mm *** rifle, Ive had this rifle since 1969 i bought this rifle used in 1969. It has no front or rear sights, Has a tasco 3x9 scope and sling. does anyone know where i can get some info on this rifle, or know anything about these guns? Thanks larry
Sounds like an Arisaka variant; I don't know much about them but there are folks here who own different versions and could tell you more. Just for some basic reference google Arisaka model 38 and 99.

Welcome to the board. :cool:

·
Registered
786 Posts
What I'm calling Is the real humor that ofen seen here. its the jumping on that I don't like. I liked where Reese asked to just help the guy. So I think Reese and I are saying the same thing Just in different ways

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
If people like this is in this group Ildf rather not be a member, if he was in front of me and said that ild probable knock him on his smart ass. so ill just delete this web sight . thanks anyway.

Give us a heads up when your book on etiquette is published....

·
Registered
588 Posts
Does sound like a sporterized Arisaka. I know very little about them except they were often sporterized because they had strong Mauser actions and they were cheap. Try Googling for them or go here. They might have some good info.

CX

1 - 13 of 13 Posts