Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have about 100 or 150 (havent counted them yet) of 7.62x54r and I pulled them out since our range doesnt let us shoot steel jacked ammo. I thought that if Imma throw it away I might as well sell em to someone who might be intrested. Anyways, their 149gr FMJBT measuring at 0.3115 diameter. I have about ~900 more to pull out so, yeah..let me know if anyones intrested in buying them.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Would be interested in seeing a price....need some more...thanks

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have about 100 or 150 (havent counted them yet) of 7.62x54r and I pulled them out since our range doesnt let us shoot steel jacked ammo. I thought that if Imma throw it away I might as well sell em to someone who might be intrested. Anyways, their 149gr FMJBT measuring at 0.3115 diameter. I have about ~900 more to pull out so, yeah..let me know if anyones intrested in buying them.
I've never seen steel jacketed 7.62x54r - steel core yes but not jacketed. What's the country of origin and approximate manufacturing date? Can you post a picture, including the stamp mark on the bottom?

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Im sure its steel jacket. The core is lead and the magnet (I have a weak and strong one) sticks tight on all corners of the bullet. If its not steel then its something else other then copper, or copper plated steel jackets?? Either way, their great looking bullets. Price would be 15 bucks including shipping for 100 bullets…but like I said, I only have ~900 rounds or so and Im pulling them out 20 at a time..so if you guys are interested, let me know.

Oh and the head stamp is 10 and made in the 80's (possible 1980 since its stamped 80' on the can). And Im sure their none corrosive since I believe that the corrosive comes from the powder or the primer only. I'll try to post up pictures, but it seems like their going pretty fast, gun shows coming up and a local here wants some already..but, 1st come first serve. :)

mif slim...........that sucks. Seems like a lot of work just to be able to use them at your range.
Tell me about it. Haha, but hey, its fine though, Im learning a lot from this experience. Im doing a write up on the powder of this load since these powder are in three shapes and size..theres gotta be something up with the pattern, but too bad I’d never know how the original bullet will shoot. I just don’t know why they wont let us shoot steel bullets??

·
Registered
566 Posts
are you using a collet type puller???
pete

·
Registered
1,180 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Humm, I always thought ammunition was the entire bullet and bullets as just the projectile. :) But sometimes people mixed them up.

Bullet: a projectile fired from a handgun, rifle, or other small firearm, usually pointed and cylindrical and made of metal. :)

but no, its no the entire 7.62x54r ammunition which its demension is 77.16 mm (3.038 in), its just the bullet for the 7.62x54r which is the diameter of 0.3115...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts