Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I was just checking the web today for some 762 ammo (cheap, mainly wolf) and I learned that nobody has any instock. What gives? Importers not meeting the demands of us ammo hungry Americans? Every place I found it was backordered until the middle of december on some sites. I did find the "spam cans" availible as soon as Nov19th though. Any thoughts?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,350 Posts
I'ts not just the 7.62x39 surplus 5.56-223 has dried up too now we are paying premium ammo prices for rejects. Last time I checked Natchez shooters supply had alot of 7.62x39 on hand.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,184 Posts
I ordered 1280 rds of Wolf from Sportsman's Guide about a month and a half ago for $114 shipped and it still hasn't even been shipped. I'm trying to be patient but goooood looooooooorrrrdddddd. I haven't been shooting for 3 months because of it :cry:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,171 Posts
[TASF said:
Maverick]I ordered 1280 rds of Wolf from Sportsman's Guide about a month and a half ago for $114 shipped and it still hasn't even been shipped. I'm trying to be patient but goooood looooooooorrrrdddddd. I haven't been shooting for 3 months because of it :cry:

Thats been my experience with them the last 2 times I bought some surplus x54r that was in stock, so now I don't get ammo from them unless its a really good deal..........
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,966 Posts
I went to Sportsman's Warehouse last night, and there wasn't a round to be found.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,534 Posts
I've seen this thread pop up on pretty much every gun forum I frequent. The common explanation is that it's all going to Iraq. I'll not start on the stupidity of blowing up huge ammo dumps and then importing exactly what they just blew up, but...

The other, less common explanation is that the Fedgod is closing the valve on ammo imports as an indirect means of gun control.

I don't endorse nor endorse either of these. I just report what I hear.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,167 Posts
I think a lot of people are starting to stockpile ammo too. We know **** is going to hit the fan sooner or later.

If not that, it'll only be a matter of time until Hillary sits on Pennsylvania Avenue, starts up a confiscation force and the time comes we either fight or give in to the establishment and become their submissive bitches to do whatever they wish.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,086 Posts
Shoot, I just ordered 1k rounds of 7.62x39SP wolf from sportsmansguide.com. I hope they don't take that long with me..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
82 Posts
Not only is the supply seem to be drying up, it's getting downright expensive! I went to a show last weekend. There was only one vendor that had 7.62 x 39. He was selling Olympic. A Greek manufactured ammo. It was selling for about $ .18 a round. :shock: WTF .223 can be bought for that. I did not buy any. It ticked me off, since that was one of the main reasons I went to the show. When I was loooking into buying an AK, about a year ago, Russian manufactured 7.62 ammo could be found as low as $ .07 a round. That was one of the main things that influenced me to buy my AK. I could afford to do some serious shooting without breaking the bank. When I bought one in April, I bought a case of 1000 rounds of Tiger for about $ .10 a round and I thought that was high. These prices are getting out of hand. :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,184 Posts
The prices for this ammunition fluctuates a ton. In the past year and a half that I've had my AK, the prices have gone from $90 per 1000 rds to $120 per 1000 rds. It's back down to around $105 for me.

- I'm talking about Wolf "Performance" Ammunition, by the way.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
219 Posts
I have many many thousands of rounds stashed and many thousands on the way. :D It has gotten harder to get yes but its not impossible. Oh and my current prices have been about $95 per 1000.

things will level out
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,534 Posts
[TASF said:
Maverick]The prices for this ammunition fluctuates a ton. In the past year and a half that I've had my AK, the prices have gone from $90 per 1000 rds to $120 per 1000 rds. It's back down to around $105 for me.

- I'm talking about Wolf "Performance" Ammunition, by the way.
Where are you finding Wolf "Performance" Ammo for 10.5 cent's / round? I'm doing good to get the regular stuff for that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,184 Posts
mr0w1 said:
[TASF said:
Maverick]The prices for this ammunition fluctuates a ton. In the past year and a half that I've had my AK, the prices have gone from $90 per 1000 rds to $120 per 1000 rds. It's back down to around $105 for me.

- I'm talking about Wolf "Performance" Ammunition, by the way.
Where are you finding Wolf "Performance" Ammo for 10.5 cent's / round? I'm doing good to get the regular stuff for that.
The "Performance" ammunition that I speak of is a joke. On every Wolf package below the word Wolf, they say "Performance Ammunition." I always thought it was funny that they used that wording, since I consider them to be the crap of ammo :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,534 Posts
Ahhhh. I get it. I thought you were refering to this stuff:

http://www.wolfammo.com/1_wolfgold.htm

The "Gold" stuff; basically stuff made in other countries and stuck in a Wolf box. But now calling it crap ammo? Let's be nice now. It shoots, yes? Good nuff for me. I don't expect K31 accuraccy out of my WASR. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,184 Posts
mr0w1 said:
But now calling it crap ammo? Let's be nice now. It shoots, yes? Good nuff for me. I don't expect K31 accuraccy out of my WASR. :)
:lol:

It doesn't shoot 3 times out of 1000 for me. I consider that to be pretty bad :D But that's why it's so cheap, right?

It's also harder on the gun... which sucks... but hey! It's an AK!
 
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Top