Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I viewed one at Armalites website. Are there are others out there? Anyone have one? Armalite only has 10 round mags :(

UB

·
Premium Member
7,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will the 6.8 mags work? I think those come in high cap.

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
I've heard the 6.8 mags work pretty good, which would make sense because the 6.8 is a necked down 7.62x39 casing.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Nothing works reliably yet. Some folks have tweeked mags to work but nothing systemic. THe C Products mags are still a work in progress. I have not seen them run reliably yet. Have high hopes for a pistoin driven x39 upper wth c products mags... but right now its not available. Starting to thing that I may have to stick to my Aks for that particular round.

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
Starting to thing that I may have to stick to my Aks for that particular round.
Nothing wrong with that either. AK's do alright for all intents and purposes. There's a lot of AR guys who also like AK's in their own right. I guess I'm in that category too.;-)

AK's have several advantages and a few disadvantages. They're not as accurate. That's fact that's pointed out over and over again and just beaten to death. But they are accurate enough to get the job done.

They are less expensive, you can doll them up more now than you used to could, they're piston driven, and they shoot when many other guns will be laying there belly up.

AK's aren't the worst mistake anyone would ever make.:lol:

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
I viewed one at Armalites website. Are there are others out there? Anyone have one? Armalite only has 10 round mags :(

UB
I've got a pre-ban lightweight Colt in 7.62. 16" barrel HBAR. Came with 10 rnd mags. The one in the picture is a 20 but you can find 30s. I found some Frankenmags a few years ago which are lying flat in the picture. One holds 40 and the other 45.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have three different brands of 10 Rnd. Mags. (2)Plastic MWG..They're OK..They're tight and if you seat them too hard, they jam the bolt and are very hard to remove....(1) U.S.A.(For the Colt) very tight, works OK....(2) CProducts...Work great..feel like they were issued. Factory is a real pill and slow to work with.:rolleyes: Order from Widener's:wink:

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
I've been wanting a SIG 556 but after looking more closely at the Robinson Arms XCR, I'm really liking the option of the 7.62x39 rifle. I just might have to go that route unless SIG decides to offer a larger caliber than the 5.56 NATO. I'm not a big fan of the smaller caliber rifles.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've heard the 6.8 mags work pretty good, which would make sense because the 6.8 is a necked down 7.62x39 casing.

I am just wondering how the 6.8 is a necked down 7.62x39 when they have two different base diameters and the 6.8 has a longer case length than the 7.62x39? Isn't the 6.8 a worked 30 Rem cartridge???

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
MnStrkTom, I did some more research, and I really did think it was a necked down 7.62x39 but you're completely right. It is based off a 30 Rem instead.

Thanks for pointing that out. I learned something new today and I apologize for the misinformation and I'm going to be eating crow for supper now.:|

I also noticed this is your first post. In my best Darth Vader impersonation:

Impressive...Most impressive.

:lol:

Is the 6.8SPC case a necked up .223? What is the parent case?

The parent case is .30 Remington, shortened to fit the AR15 magazine OAL.[PNC] This is slightly larger in diameter than .223, so a new bolt is required. Magazine capacity is slightly reduced vs. 5.56 in the proper mags.[1]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts