Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
There's a diminished supply or an overwhelming demand for 7.62x39. I could be wrong. But I doubt it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Up here in Canada the dealers are claiming that the US government is stopping the flow of 7.62x39 and some other military ammo. Don't know if this is true or not.

·
Premium Member
9,171 Posts
matt. said:
any guesses on why there is a 7.62 shortage.

Factories are shifting gears and priority is for military accounts first, civilians market second. I don't see how there is a shortage though. Winchester, Wolf, the 3 Bears, Privi Partisan, Sellor and Ballot, Dynimat Nobel, Federal, Cheeta... its just not as cheap as it was. And a lot of folks are stockpiling to sell for proffit.... the ammo is out there............

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Everytime I go to a gunshow and half of the dealers I talk to say that .223 (5.56) is in short supply and want an arm and a leg for it.

The other half of the dealers can readily get it at fair prices.

Did you know that Wolf ammo is hard to get because the gov't is using it in Iraq? I HEARD THAT TWICE!

·
Premium Member
9,171 Posts
Waldo said:
Everytime I go to a gunshow and half of the dealers I talk to say that .223 (5.56) is in short supply and want an arm and a leg for it.

The other half of the dealers can readily get it at fair prices.

Did you know that Wolf ammo is hard to get because the gov't is using it in Iraq? I HEARD THAT TWICE!
Thas right, Wolf brand ammo is not used, but the Tula Cartidge Works and Uly(Yugoslavia) do make ammo for the military.
You bought 8 1000rd cases of 7.62x39, good for you...if you paid over $100 a case for you got ripped. At the last 3 gunshows I went to Wolf M43 was $99 per 1000rds. and Silver Bear 5.45 for $89-750rds. I know that 5.45 is harder to find at a"decent" price if you can get it quanity, but I see Wolf M43 for $3.99 a box all over.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
I hear Iran is buying up all the ammo for their future war with Israel and the USA Zionists.

OR what about this idea.
Silly fools, how little you know...

Ok, first the Russians sent a shipment to us that got diverted around South America after libtards in CA wanted to sink the ship to keep right wingers from getting ammo, the ship was then supposed to dock in at New Orleans but just then Katrina hit, creating mass choas and pandemonium. Then lootie, after drinking much heiniken (sp), proceeded to steal all the wolf ammo for use in cheap WASR's robbed from a nearby Dunhams. Fortunatly for us, the POPO confiscated lootie's WASR's and his ammo. However, during the gunfight, lootie, in a drunken rage, charged toward police offficers with a broken heiniken bottle. The officers responded by tasing him several times, (actually 134 times) until he was pronounced dead on the scene. (This is the official reason for death of Lootie, others site al pacino using that gun from heat while dressed in marpart, aided by african guerillas eating those quiznos things) After this incident the police desposed of the ammo by giving it to Iraqi national guard troops who promptly sealed it in sea shipping containers, despite their country being landlocked. But then, Navy SEALS demanded the ammo for use in their modified SKS's like we all know they prefer for its fully automatic capibility and pinpoint accuracy as well as reliable operation from space shuttle door gunturrets, which use a hexagonal linked system of premium yugo-sks's sporting the latest govt. only TAPCO gear. These seals joined with chuck noris to assassinate the IRanian president for being an asshole. They ultimately failed because chuck noris belched inside the space shuttle dropship, killing all aboard. A tragic day for all, but Chuck Noris was never held accountable for his friendly fire, because, I mean who can resist Chuck? He has that beard, you try telling him when not to belch. The ammo is currently being used by chuck as toothpicks, to pluck out the bones of indonesian orphans, his favorite snack. Chuck always eats at the firing line. First he uses the bullet tip as a toothpick then throws the round down range. His shot groouping is always less than the caliber of the bullet, even at 100,000 yd ranges.

So until Chuck Noris stops eating indonesian orphans, our ammo will be used by him to keep their little bones from becoming an annoyance in his godly mouth. (Lil typo here, it appears that Chuck is actually greater than god himself, therefore it would be correct to say that God is "Chuckly", rather than Chuck is godly.)

And that is where our ammo is!!

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Well 2 days ago I was going to order 1000 Wolf from Sportsmans guide, but the $10 coupon couldn't be used until Jan 1st. They said nothing about backorder. Ordered today and its backordered :? Oh well supposedly be shipped on the 9th.

·
Registered
92 Posts
New shipments of wolf came in last week. Many of the big online dealers have it in stock again, for how long is anyone's guess.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I called Sportsmans Guide yesterday about my order that was supposed to ship on 1/6. They said that shipment hasn't arrived or if it has, it has not made it into the computer yet. She said if I place another order today they are estimating a March/April ship date! So I ordered another 1000 rounds. Used my $10 off coupon and got it for $89. I guess it can't hurt to get it on backorder now.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Yep, placed my order on 1/1, supposed to ship on 1/9, got an email yesterday saying my case of WOlf might ship in February :?

·
Registered
92 Posts
I guess I ordered at just the right time. I ordered right about 1/1, and got my order 1/11. I've seen a couple dealers still had some in stock, but they were also a little bit higher than the others that are sold out. Stinking supply and demand curves coming back to haunt me.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Got an email today that mine shipped yesterday :D Will be here tomorrow. Maybe I should get another case or two on the way.

·
Registered
106 Posts
At every one of the gun shops alocally, Wolf ammo is readily available, I rememebr seeing 250 rounds for 25 dollars I think...or maybe it was 500 for 25.00...

I bought some for the XD for 4.99 for 50 and surprisingly enough, 9mm was a dollar higher than 40cal...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts