Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
38,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which would you buy if the price was the same ??

7.62x39 Golden Tiger FMJ, 1000 round cases.
Russian 7.62x39 Golden tiger ammo, with the 124gr FMJ Boat Tail bullet, lead core, bi-metal jacket, steel case. New production, with berdan primer and fully non-corrosive.

or

7.62x39 WOLF bi-metal FMJ, 1000 rd cases.
Bi-metal hollow point, made in Russia, steel case, non-corrosive. Military Classic or PolyFormance style.

·
Premium Member
904 Posts
Which would you buy if the price was the same ??

7.62x39 Golden Tiger FMJ, 1000 round cases.
Russian 7.62x39 Golden tiger ammo, with the 124gr FMJ Boat Tail bullet, lead core, bi-metal jacket, steel case. New production, with berdan primer and fully non-corrosive.

or

7.62x39 WOLF bi-metal FMJ, 1000 rd cases.
Bi-metal hollow point, made in Russia, steel case, non-corrosive. Military Classic or PolyFormance style.
I'd go with the poly wolf, I'm only saying that because I'm familiar with their product and have had good results.

·
Premium Member
1,684 Posts
I've read that some people have feeding issues with hollow-points; if the Wolf is hollow-point (as the description indicates, also shows FMJ?) then you might want to try a smaller quantity before you buy a case.

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
it all comes down to price for me. I paid 210 (total) for 1000 rounds of the Tiger about 3 weeks ago, and it was the best deal I could find.

·
Registered
567 Posts
I fire the Wolf HPs in my M4A3 7.62x39 rifle and it is pretty accurate at 2-300 yards with scope. Better than the EG or Chinese ammo I have in that caliber.

·
Banned
38,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Any thoughts on which is cleaner ???

1 - 9 of 9 Posts