Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
i think you will have to have a custom barrel made and then install it into an upper. thats probably the cheapest way. or have someone custom make you an upper. i dont think anyone stocks them

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
and just curious why you want to go with the 6x45

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I like the caliber. I would also like one in 7 tcu. I have shot a lot of 7 tcu and know that is a good caliber.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes and the clips alone cost 45.00. That is pretty ridiculous. A 7tcu will feed in a standard clip and probably be a better caliber for an AR.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
6.5 grendel is also a VERY good round but probably the same mag issue

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Um....I would think that $45 per mag is WAY cheaper than having a custom barrel made. One-off production ain't cheep!

But good luck!

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
I've never even heard of the 7 TCU or UTC or whatever the heck it is your talking about.

·
Premium Member
4,949 Posts
Fixed it for ya!;)

Yes and the mags alone cost 45.00. That is pretty ridiculous. A 7tcu will feed in a standard mag and probably be a better caliber for an AR.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Ummm... You can buy CProducts magazines for the 6.8SPC or 6.5 Grendel for $15. I'm not sure where you're seeing them for $45, but they'd better be gold plated for that much money!

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
I've never even heard of the 7 TCU or UTC or whatever the heck it is your talking about.

7 TCU:

Thompson/Center Ugalde - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Thompson/Center Ugalde, or TCU family of wildcat cartridges was developed by Wes Ugalde of Fallon, Nevada, by necking up .223 Remington brass to accept larger bullets. The cartridges were developed for the Thompson Center Arms Contender single shot pistol, and are widely used in handgun metallic silhouette competition and handgun hunting
I've often wondered why the TCU calibers were never chambered in AR's and Mini 14's.

It's set up for short barreled handguns and would work just fine in 14" M4 carbines.

It's got heavier bullets than the 5.56, gives almost the power of the 6.8 and will feed from standard 5.56 magazines.

Having a barrel made shouldn't be much more expensive than getting a 6.8 or 6.5 barrel.

·
Premium Member
9,204 Posts
I agree go 6.8 thats my next build!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts