Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this is now the cheapest AK I can find locally. Should I go ahead and get ripped off or wait to see if things calm down some?

Thanks,
Jesse

·
Premium Member
13,498 Posts

·
Registered
15,712 Posts
center fire is where i got my yugo ak...just prepare for headaches with them. they are not the sharpest tools in the shed.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the links!

This same place had two Yugo underfolders for $650 and I decided to wait a week and now they're long gone.

·
Registered
784 Posts
i would see if you couldn't find a gunshow around your area, there seem to be lots around here, and VERY good prices on everything there.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I'd get it while you can. A buddy of mine said his suppliers are all out of uppers/lowers and everything else except bolt guns and shotguns

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
check out Henderson Defense Industries. They "certify" their WASRs against the usual suspects: canted sights, gas blocks, etc.

You'll get a good gun from them... and they start at around $400

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I've seen a few SAR-1's on gun broker under $400.00 you might want to try there.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Are the SAR-1's the side folders?

I offered a friend of mine $400 for his WASR that he paid $300 for a little over a year ago. I think he might actually sell it to me. If not I might just buy a receiver and parts kit for a Yugo or Polish under folder. Then figure out how to put it together later. haha

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
Got my Century AK today for 450. A little high but most places i had checked were either out or jacking up price. Shop here in AZ (lone wolf) had 30 AK's to start the day and he had sold 25 of them by the time I got mine. Crazy!!!

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
I'll admit that price gouging sucks. But so is life. A lot of people waited until AFTER the election (bad bad decision), and the ones that did, will expect to pay more, combined with the fact that there's only a handful of companies in the US that are producing them just adds to that. What is going to happen a month from now when the supplies are dwindling and the backorders start piling up? Naturally, prices are going to be even more.

I've been looking at various forums on the internet laughing at all of the new and first time posters wanting information and help now. I can't help but wonder where those people were last weekend or last month or last spring. Oh how the interest level is suddenly more today than it was yesterday.:-?

·
Registered
441 Posts

I offered a friend of mine $400 for his WASR that he paid $300 for a little over a year ago. I think he might actually sell it to me. If not I might just buy a receiver and parts kit for a Yugo or Polish under folder. Then figure out how to put it together later. haha
Mine was not until I made a side folder. The Sar-1 is the romanian that was made to handle hi-cap mags origanally, not a retro-fit. They have less mag wobble and came with laminated wood furniture. The wasr has raw wood.

BK

·
Registered
36 Posts

I picked up a WASR 10 at the pawnshop for about $325. It rattles and stuff, and has the inherited quality control issues. The sights are off, etc,but it shoots fine. Might need to learn that Kentucky windage. The guns are out there..it just depends on how bad the other needs to sell.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts