Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was calling back to try to have a Springfield LW Operator waiting for me when I come home on R&R and was told that it is a 6 month wait. Oh course this was from a place that then wanted to sell me a $2,700 Nighthawk!

I ended up changing my mind and want to get a Sig Tac Op 1911 but no one seems to have those either in VA or haven't written me back. Any one else having this supply problem?

·
Registered
29,621 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
If you are military contact Springfield Armory directly. They have a Military / LEO division. Provides good discount and will ship directly to any FFL you want.

I purchased the Range Officer 1911 and the XDm .40 Compact this way. Both took about 3 weeks to receive at my FFL.

No charge for tax or shipping. Saved me quite a bit over what they were selling for locally.

Call or email them about the military discount and they will send you the 2011 price list.

·
Registered
538 Posts
If you are military contact Springfield Armory directly. They have a Military / LEO division. Provides good discount and will ship directly to any FFL you want.

I purchased the Range Officer 1911 and the XDm .40 Compact this way. Both took about 3 weeks to receive at my FFL.

No charge for tax or shipping. Saved me quite a bit over what they were selling for locally.

Call or email them about the military discount and they will send you the 2011 price list.
Dang, is it too late for this old dude to enlist?

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ordered my Les Baer in November, and got it in March.

Then again, it was also built to my specifications.

As for your LW operator, here's one on Gunbroker.

SPRINGFIELD LW OPERATOR : Semi-auto at GunBroker.com

and another

Springfield 1911 Light Weight Operator 45 ACP NIB : Semi-auto at GunBroker.com

And a third.

Springfield Lightweight Operator PX9116LP : Semi-auto at GunBroker.com

Methinks your dealer is trying to sell you a Nighthawk.

Thanks I had seen these online as well but never ordered online. Do I just send them my info for a background check and pay and they ship to the FFL of my choosing?

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Thanks I had seen these online as well but never ordered online. Do I just send them my info for a background check and pay and they ship to the FFL of my choosing?
Pay, send them your FFL, they ship to your FFL, do the paperwork at your FFL, go home happy.

If you are looking for a LW Operator, try Pro Armament in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio.
I've sent quite a few people their way that were looking for 1911's.
I'm not affiliated with them in any way, they are just a local shop.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pay, send them your FFL, they ship to your FFL, do the paperwork at your FFL, go home happy.

If you are looking for a LW Operator, try Pro Armament in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio.
I've sent quite a few people their way that were looking for 1911's.
I'm not affiliated with them in any way, they are just a local shop.
I don't think VA residents can buy in OH. My dad lives very close to there though and I am visiting him on my R&R also so if I am able to buy in Ohio that would work great.

·
Registered
356 Posts
As Cuda66 stated you can find almost anything you want on gunbroker or other online gunstore, only catch is the price. You can get it, but might have to pay for it, very hard to beat my local guy as i have a Kimber ultra TLE II LG that kimber told him 6months (that was in march so we will see), i coulda got it on a few sites but dont have to have it this minute so ill suck it up and save the extra 200 or so $$$.
I had to have a few things on the quick quick and gone the route of gunbroker, budsonline etc and never had a problem just depends if i can wait or not lol But to your question i have seen a wait on certain 1911 from your normal dealer type gun stores unless its in stock as of late.
layz

·
Registered
29,621 Posts
I don't think VA residents can buy in OH. My dad lives very close to there though and I am visiting him on my R&R also so if I am able to buy in Ohio that would work great.
Yes, you can--as it's your VA dealer that has you fill out the 4473, and does the actual transfer to you.

The other stuff is all dealer-to-dealer.

And, fwiw, having your dad buy it for you in another state (where, technically, you are prohibited from buying it, since you are not an OH resident) is what is called a straw purchase (since your father is not going to be the actual recipient of the handgun). Just FYI.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I see you are in Afghanistan, so I assume you are military, DOD civilian or contractor. Have you tried talking to the MWR outdoor recreation center at your local installation? That's what I did when I ordered my RIA Match 1911. They didn't have it in stock so they ordered it for me and had it in about two weeks later. It was a very reasonable price and it was tax free. They will also let you order from any supplier online and send it to them as well.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks every one! I think I am going to go with the Sig Tac Operator and just order it online and have it sent to an FFL in VA. I also have a friend who works part time at a VA dealer I have done a fair bit of business with and he might have one for me already. I should find out tomorrow!

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Ordered my SA TRP Operator last week and am in for a good long wait (they said 3 mos.+ which will feel more like 6 mos. when you want it now). Have to say the Sig 1911 1911 TACOPS looks very good, and surprisingly it's a good bit less expensive. Wonder why the SA is that much more? I already have the Sig TACOPS 9mm and love it.

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
I recently convinced myself that I wanted an STI Ranger II in 9mm.
They seem to be hard to find.
I wanted to buy it from Dawson Precision and they said they would have to order it from STI.
Wait time??????????? 18 to 26 weeks...:shock:

After more research I decided on a Dan Wesson Guardian in 9mm, thanks Quack..

Found one on Gunbroker, bought it, and it should be arriving to my FFL this week..:cool:

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ordered my SA TRP Operator last week and am in for a good long wait (they said 3 mos.+ which will feel more like 6 mos. when you want it now). Have to say the Sig 1911 1911 TACOPS looks very good, and surprisingly it's a good bit less expensive. Wonder why the SA is that much more? I already have the Sig TACOPS 9mm and love it.
Not sure but I am getting this one:

1911 Tactical Operations

For under a $1,000, I've heard good things from folks that have shot it. I think it will be a good starter for me and as the 1911 sickness grows I'll end up with a TRP or Wilson Combat one day!

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Not sure but I am getting this one:

1911 Tactical Operations

For under a $1,000, I've heard good things from folks that have shot it. I think it will be a good starter for me and as the 1911 sickness grows I'll end up with a TRP or Wilson Combat one day!
Congratulations and great looking. That's one of the two. The other is this one . . . 1911 Tactical Operations TB (has a threaded barrel).

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah saw that, I'm planning to suppress my 92FS in the future but don't think I'll end up suppressing the 1911.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
You're going to love it. I have the 226 TACOPS 9mm and love the way it feels in my hand. Can't wait till my TRP OP comes in in a few long months too.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just 9 short weeks until I get back to the US on R&R and can get my hands on this baby.....and see my wife for the first time in 7 months which is also exciting I guess.

Just kidding fellas I am more excited to see her, getting a new 1911 is definitely the icing on the cake!

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Just got a message to call my guy at the gun shop. I thought oh boy, here we go . . . the TRP Operator that he ordered from SA for me a few weeks ago is going to be even more than the anticipated 3 month wait from them to get. But to my surprise, he was calling to say he located it from another distributor (not dealer) and wanted to know if I wanted him to get it. Otherwise, we'd just wait on the one coming directly from SA, which could take 3 month's or so. I made sure this is brand new and untouched, etc. Only catch is it'll cost me $30.00 more to get it from the distributor vs SA directly. I quickly weighed it out and figured since I was already getting a pretty good deal anyway, why not go ahead and get it instead of waiting until who knows how long. He said they'll ship it out today and hope it comes in later this week. If not, then it'll be there Tuesday since the shops closed on Monday.

Pretty good and positive news for a change. And I have to say that I'm pretty excited and now the anticipation is going to kick in. Also have to get the funds a little quicker now. :D But I thought I'd share my little bit of good news.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts