Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have pretty much decided that I need an XD for my first gun. and since I won't be carrying, I see no need for anything less than the tactical.
There are a few local gun shops around, and I was hoping I could get a few of you to donate some advice on a fair price range.

I know that their retail is in the mid $500s, But I was kind of hoping to find a new one a little less than that. I would like to be able to immediately see a rip-off when I encouter it.

I didn't see any other posts directly related to the 5" tactical price, so sorry if I'm repeating something.

ALSO, is there a favorite tactical light out there for you tactical owners? (The bigger and uglier the better! :twisted: )

Thanks everyone. This forum has been a great resource.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was kind of hoping there would be a few tacticals available for under 500. Good to know that it does exist. Not too thrilled about finding one for the retail 580...

This is good. I'm going to have to start looking for one under 500. Maybe I'll get lucky.

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
I paid $449 + tax for my XD-9 Tactical a few weeks ago... Sportsman's Warehouse in Albuquerque.

·
Registered
339 Posts
It's really a patience game. I got my XD45LE for dirt cheap ($375 shipped to my FFL) but honestly, anything in the low 400s is a great deal. Also, if you don't mind buying through the internet, check out the gun listings on various gun forums. The gentleman who I bought my XD from was over at Glock Talk (which i'm not terribly an active member of but I do lurk quite a lot) and the pistol was exactly as he described it.

Looking at gunbroker.com, they have some good deals but you can generally find better ones than offered there. Take a look at the firearms listings section on this site, they often times have pretty good deals and many of the sellers are very experienced XD owners who can give you all the information you could want. Also, don't be afraid to buy a used XD. In fact, I know many people who prefer to get a used pistol because it is already broken in.

Good luck to you and welcome to the board.

Cheers

·
Registered
36 Posts
I got my XD Tactical (9mm) for $475 at my local gun shop a few weeks ago. I might have paid a bit less if I ordered it from somewhere else, but with shipping, fees, and all the hastle I figured this was as good a price as any. And I wanted to support my local gun shop:

http://midamericaarms.com/

They're great guys.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I paid $390.59 .... with tax $421.59 out the door. but that was back in 11/3/2003 prices have gone up some. XD-Tactical 9MM. Now $473.00 Tax not included here in Arizona Same Place. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
38 Posts
going to pay $469 for an XD 45GAP but that is with a favored customer discount. I do about $400/month with these folks && they treat me right.

wganz

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Save your money and get a service. I have decided to ditch my tactical as my service is more accurate by a long shot. IMO, this is a very untactical gun.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts