Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,050 Posts
Welcome to the forum. My advice would be to go to a local gun store and handle a few firearms that interest you. Guessing this will be your first handgun? See what fits your hand well and points naturally for you. Not all guns fit everyone the same, so take all advice with a grain of salt, but also try it out for yourself. Don't let a pushy knowitall sales guy talk you into something that doesn't feel like "your gun." (you'll know it when you find it.) Since you'll be shopping locally at a legit dealer, you'll know it's legal to own in your state. Hope this helps. Be safe and have fun! And be sure to let us know what ya find!

·
Premium Member
24,884 Posts
In revolver, Smith and Wesson model 686 in .357 Mag would be a nice choice.
It would be helpful if you gave us the gun's intended use.
rickett gave the best answer though.
Welcome to the forum.

·
Premium Member
24,884 Posts
I don't think the OP wants a revolver....at least that was the way I read it.

OP....what caliber are you interested in? What are the MA laws you have to live with?
You're correct. Forgive a senior moment.
If your idea for your first gun is to be center-fire, I personally would opt for a 1911. Subjective, of course.

·
Registered
29,874 Posts
And...check out a HK USP Expert.

ETA...Huh. Not on there.

Then a Glock 34/35 (5") or a G17L or G24 (6") will likely be your best bet.

ETA again...if you want a .45, any of the Para LDA's with a 5" barrel would also work.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Beretta 92? its got a 4.9" barrel and is DA/SA pistol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.