Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my confirmation/receipt for my new 5.25 xdm 45acp this afternoon!!
Powder River is the place, no one else even has distributors that have them, Was told I will be one of the first in the country to receive one, anyone jealous?:)

·
Registered
407 Posts
I am!! Can I ask how much? I haven't found anyone with prices

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
$750.00 for the gun, you can get a lot of "extras", should get it in a week or so. I am stoked!!:D

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is that bi-tone or black on black? I got quoted 750 pretax for bi-tone, and wondering if I should accept before the offer expires.

Black on black, Bi-tone will run you a little more, PRP won't do you wrong

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
f View attachment 6026

View attachment 6027

View attachment 6028

View attachment 6029

View attachment 6030

Picked up my brand new 5.25 xdm in 45acp this morning! I am so excited:D
Immediately took it to the range and tried it out, I was not disappointed. I was carrying a xd tac in 45acp with some mods on it. I wanted to see how it stacked up to my new xdm. As you can tell from the photo, the xdm is slightly longer, fine by me. The trigger job that Daniel at PRP did on it is extremely sweet. The first target was shot at 10 yards, with the first 2 shots hitting the red dead center!! I tried speeding up my shots a little with the results. The second target was 5 round strings shot as fast as I could, again at 10 yards. The balance of the gun was great, the sights fell back down in place just right. I actually shot it faster than my 45tac. I have never shot that fast and kept them in such a close grouping. That is good for me. BTW, if you have a tungsten guide rod for the tactical 45acp xd, it will fit the 5.25 xdm 45acp, really helps with what little muzzle rise you get. Anyway, just wanted to brag, I guess Happy Shooting!!!:)

·
Premium Member
127,706 Posts
Congratulations!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Picked up my brand new 5.25 xdm in 45acp this morning! I am so excited:D
Immediately took it to the range and tried it out, I was not disappointed. I was carrying a xd tac in 45acp with some mods on it. I wanted to see how it stacked up to my new xdm. As you can tell from the photo, the xdm is slightly longer, fine by me. The trigger job that Daniel at PRP did on it is extremely sweet. The first target was shot at 10 yards, with the first 2 shots hitting the red dead center!! I tried speeding up my shots a little with the results. The second target was 5 round strings shot as fast as I could, again at 10 yards. The balance of the gun was great, the sights fell back down in place just right. I actually shot it faster than my 45tac. I have never shot that fast and kept them in such a close grouping. That is good for me. BTW, if you have a tungsten guide rod for the tactical 45acp xd, it will fit the 5.25 xdm 45acp, really helps with what little muzzle rise you get. Anyway, just wanted to brag, I guess Happy Shooting!!!:)
How much was the trigger job since you bought the gun directly from them?
Like I said earlier I am still contemplating letting my dealer know that I would take him up on his offer of 750 for a bitone once one becomes available to him, but I'm still not 100% sure.

Anything you can say to persuade me for or against this?

Also curious as to the cost to ship and get a trigger job if I buy from him and ship to PRP.

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
Knew I should have headed for the range when you sent the text that it was in. Hate I missed a chance to shoot it. Looks like you got a keeper and know you love the PRP trigger. Will this mean I had better not shoot CDP in the next match?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Congrats on the new pistol. The new XDM 5.25 is a winner in any caliber. Waiting patiently for the .40!!!1

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
How much was the trigger job since you bought the gun directly from them?
Like I said earlier I am still contemplating letting my dealer know that I would take him up on his offer of 750 for a bitone once one becomes available to him, but I'm still not 100% sure.

Anything you can say to persuade me for or against this?

Also curious as to the cost to ship and get a trigger job if I buy from him and ship to PRP.
Trigger job was $165.00, shipping about $40.00, I wouldn't hesitate to do it again, PRP will take care of you.:)

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Got my confirmation/receipt for my new 5.25 xdm 45acp this afternoon!!
Powder River is the place, no one else even has distributors that have them, Was told I will be one of the first in the country to receive one, anyone jealous?:)
A little bit jealous. Would love to have one, although I would prefer an XDM 45 compact. Still, it would be a great gun to own. The price is a little high. Maybe it will come down in six months or so.

·
Registered
471 Posts
When you consider that it comes with an extra magazine, the lightened slide, and the machined sights, it's probably cheaper than any XD or XD(m) with the same stuff done to it.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Knew I should have headed for the range when you sent the text that it was in. Hate I missed a chance to shoot it. Looks like you got a keeper and know you love the PRP trigger. Will this mean I had better not shoot CDP in the next match?

I don't think you have anything to worry about from me, I know how you shoot, I am not even close.:p

·
Registered
11 Posts
Got mine yesterday. Cannot shoot it until Saturday at the range. Supposedly I have the only one in Southern Arizona. Paid 779.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It is nice to be the "first on the block" to get one, mine shoots great

1 - 20 of 20 Posts