·
Registered
3,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
She is an UGLY beast.

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
With a price reported at 1400 bucks, you bet it's ugly!

·
Registered
205 Posts
I don't care for it one bit.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Springfield should have posted some sort of survey on this forum to decide what should've been there next firearm. I like it, but I would never pay that much for it. I was thinking at most 200 more than what a regularly priced one is.

I kept reading single stack, sigle stack, single stack. I personally dont care but I would expect them to do more reasearch on what there customers ask for.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Ugly and overly-expensive. Yes, it's a competition gun and how it functions is more important than looks ... but damn.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
SA's pride overran thie intelligence on this one. A pistol not a lot of folks want and a rip off price. Can you say Market Research???

·
Registered
8,351 Posts
That is not the price. A member here mistaked a custom model for this production gun. No one knows the price of this.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

·
Registered
422 Posts
That is not the price. A member here mistaked a custom model for this production gun. No one knows the price of this.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk
I wonder where it will fit in at price-wise then...cause for 1400 it better cook me dinner every night and rub my feet after work. LOL I guess I am just a po' boy

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Anything north of 1G will be too much for me. Pardon the pun but........that's just not enough BANG for my buck!

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Anything north of 1G will be too much for me. Pardon the pun but........that's just not enough BANG for my buck!
I would pay at most $150 premium. More than that and my original comment stands. I cannot see them thinking that they could actualy compete with gustom gunsmitns, if that was their intent.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I wonder where it will fit in at price-wise then...cause for 1400 it better cook me dinner every night and rub my feet after work. LOL I guess I am just a po' boy
I would guess that it will be in the same ballpark as G34 or M&P9 Pro so maybe in the $7-750 real world price. I can't wait :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
As a competition pistol it is a step in the right direction. Nice length & sights but... It still can't compete with the Glock 34 & Smith & Wesson M&P pro because the bore axis is way to high. A high bore axis = more muzzle flip = slower times. What they needed to do is a major redesign where they lower the bore axis and make it so you can get your hand higher on the frame.

Just my take on it as a competition shooter.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Springfield should have posted some sort of survey on this forum to decide what should've been there next firearm. I like it, but I would never pay that much for it. I was thinking at most 200 more than what a regularly priced one is.

I kept reading single stack, sigle stack, single stack. I personally dont care but I would expect them to do more reasearch on what there customers ask for.
I tried, it got moved to never never land...

http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/polling-place/178590-new-xdm-announced-but-what-if.html

·
Registered
242 Posts
The 1400.00 was for a comped XD the original poster made a mistake of what gun it was.
Rich

1 - 20 of 28 Posts