Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd love to hear from new 5.25 owners shooting and range experiences. I especially am interested in ammunition and accuracy reports. I am wondering why mine is so accurate and am curios if anyone else has been seeing this?

My 115 Noslers loaded to 1030 fps are tack drivers. My 147 Montana golds loaded to 875 are almost as good, hard to tell as they are so close.

BTW for any one that shoots the Steel Challenge, I ran outer limits yesterday in 4.5, 4.4, 4.4 and 4.3 seconds. This for me is amazing. Nothing for other guys but I could reliably hover around 4.5 seconds. I can't do this with my limited gun.

Still have these mods on my black 5.25. SA factory trigger job, frame texturing and .100 wide front sight. Wife Kippi doesn't like the frame texturing, hurts her hands. Maybe not everyone will want this done but I love it.

Rob

·
Registered
565 Posts
Oh yeah, I am tagging along on this one to hear all the great reports.

Thank you for pushing for this within SA. It probably wasn't an easy decision for them to decide on producing this firearm, but since it seems the shooting sports are growing that they made a good decision. I'm sure they will also continue to come out with other options to add to my SA collection!!! Thank you also for helping to continue to make awareness of the shooting sports to the general public that may not be aware of it!!!

Good Luck and Be Safe!!!
:cool:

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
My groups definitely tightened up after I installed the PRP trigger, but, even with the stock trigger accuracy was pretty good. My only wish is that this was a 40 not a 9. I was the one who won the gun in the guns.com give away. I dont really want to start reloading another caliber. I have brass all over the place as it is. So I guess the question is do I stay with 40 and shoot my witness elite match or go with the 5.25? I plan to shoot a couple of matches with it to see how I like it compared to my Witness. Right now the only advantage the 5.25 has over my witness is weight and I guess recoil.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'd love to hear from new 5.25 owners shooting and range experiences. I especially am interested in ammunition and accuracy reports. I am wondering why mine is so accurate and am curios if anyone else has been seeing this?

My 115 Noslers loaded to 1030 fps are tack drivers. My 147 Montana golds loaded to 875 are almost as good, hard to tell as they are so close.

BTW for any one that shoots the Steel Challenge, I ran outer limits yesterday in 4.5, 4.4, 4.4 and 4.3 seconds. This for me is amazing. Nothing for other guys but I could reliably hover around 4.5 seconds. I can't do this with my limited gun.

Still have these mods on my black 5.25. SA factory trigger job, frame texturing and .100 wide front sight. Wife Kippi doesn't like the frame texturing, hurts her hands. Maybe not everyone will want this done but I love it.

Rob
Thanks for the opportunity to share, AND for the great weapon you helped design in the 5.25.

I own an XD 5" Tactical, an XDM 3.8, and an XD Sub-compact, all 9mm. When a friend told me about the new 5.25 I immediately began looking and found one at Springer Precision -- who did trigger work on all my XD models.

In comparrison to ALL the other guns I've owned and fired, NOTHING compares to the 5.25. Accuracey "out-of-the-box" was 5 rounds at 15 yards in a 1.5" circle using standard 115 grain ammo from usaammo.com. When I took it to my range (in Key Largo) everyone admired it.

Naturally, as soon as my wife fired mine, she also bought one. You can confirm that by asking Scott at Springer Precision.

I highly recommend it and may even buy another. I'm jus sayin...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for the opportunity to share, AND for the great weapon you helped design in the 5.25.

I own an XD 5" Tactical, an XDM 3.8, and an XD Sub-compact, all 9mm. When a friend told me about the new 5.25 I immediately began looking and found one at Springer Precision -- who did trigger work on all my XD models.

In comparrison to ALL the other guns I've owned and fired, NOTHING compares to the 5.25. Accuracey "out-of-the-box" was 5 rounds at 15 yards in a 1.5" circle using standard 115 grain ammo from usaammo.com.

When I took it to my range (in Key Largo) everyone admired it. Naturally, as soon as my wife fired mine, she also bought one. You can confirm that by asking Scott at Springer Precision.

I highly recommend it and may even buy another. I'm jus sayin...

·
Registered
9,957 Posts
I love mine and it is accurate enough for me......it shoots better that I do. But from the box it had the worst trigger I have felt on any of my XD`s. The take up was between 6 and 7 pounds depending from were on the trigger the measurement was taken. After some rounds it wore into it self all right but still not good. Even with the trigger It was still accurate since I have shot XD`s since 2001 and used to it. Still monday I packer her up and sent her to Scott at Springer precision so it will come back as something great.

I under stand why S.A. had to keep a stock trigger so I am not complaining I just wish things were different in the world so you guys could really show off. I have some great pictures coming detailing it against some Glock long slides.

I need a skinnier front too. I am glad you guys went this route it was unexpected.......now push to get us our single stack small 9mm.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I can shoot mine at 14yards how I use to shoot my G19 at 8yards, so 20 ft further and the groups are now the same, I like that. Mine is currently at my Smiths getting the PRP Ultimate Trigger kit installed, so I am without it for the next week, but it really needs it. The trigger is your typical XDM trigger, outside of that, this gun is awesome. I sent about 400 rounds downrange already, its a tack driver for sure, i just need to work on myself now.

Thanks for pushing SA to make this type of gun Rob, i really didnt want to buy a G34

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
I love mine and it is accurate enough for me......it shoots better that I do. But from the box it had the worst trigger I have felt on any of my XD`s. The take up was between 6 and 7 pounds depending from were on the trigger the measurement was taken. After some rounds it wore into it self all right but still not good. Even with the trigger It was still accurate since I have shot XD`s since 2001 and used to it. Still monday I packer her up and sent her to Scott at Springer precision so it will come back as something great.
It no longer has a bad trigger and shoots nicely :D rerchik does have a nice pair of 5.25 pistols also (or his wife does.)

We've sold a bunch of these and worked over ones people are sending in and the consistency has been very good to date.

PS. Anyone who doesn't think they can hang with a custom 1911 in ESP, take this for what it is. Today at the range, Kyle was hitting draw, 1 shot, slide lock reload (IDPA style), one shot in the mid 2's, I was low 2's at 12 yards with IDPA legal holster and mag pouches.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I always had a problem with longer shots with my XD 5” that problem seams to be solved with my new 5.25. Very accurate I have shot two IDPA matches’ with mine to date and won both ESP EX class. Had a stage today that had a none threat swinger in front of two targets 3 shots each. 11 of the guys in my squad (Masters and Experts) split their shots up 3 waited for the swinger to pass and 3 more. I had to try and get all six in one pass when I was done all I heard was wow that sounded like full auto. Jokingly everyone wanted to check my sirer to see if it was a full auto.
Another stage starting seated two equal threats across table then move to cover 8 more targets 20 yards to 5 yards from cover very straight forward stage I ended up shooting it clean in 12 seconds. Going in I thought I better shoot it slow and get all my hits after I got going there was no reason to go slow I was getting my hits and still moving at a good pace.
I LOVE THIS 5.25 and the trigger work Springer did is just fantastic.

I have a Orange shirt on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts