Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't find any info on the value of each click for a given distance. Anyone know what the rear clicks are supposed to be?

·
Registered
6,108 Posts
You won't get any info on clicks for given distance.

It should already be sighted in at 25 yards POA=POI from the factory. The clicks are probably 1mm increments or less for elevation. So if you are shooting reloads for competition that are downloaded for fast follow up shots. You may need to make an adjustment to your elevation because a slower moving bullet is going to drop faster.

Other than that if you are shooting factory loaded stuff for the range I wouldn't mess with it. It's already sighted in.

A little more info on what you are wanting to accomplish would help.

And maybe a more experienced competition shooter could comment on my comment because I may just be talking out of my butt.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I thought it may be similar to rifle - 1/4 min clicks, etc. I did see the poa/poi 25yds mentioned in the manual. I shot it for the first time last Friday and found that the windage centered from the factory appeared to be dead-on for me but I consistently shot low from the 25yd line using winchester white box 115's. First handgun so it may be just be me.

Edit - 6" to 8" Low

·
Registered
6,108 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I thought it may be similar to rifle - 1/4 min clicks, etc. I did see the poa/poi 25yds mentioned in the manual. I shot it for the first time last Friday and found that the windage centered from the factory appeared to be dead-on for me but I consistently shot low from the 25yd line using winchester white box 115's. First handgun so it may be just be me.

Edit - 6" to 8" Low
It usually is the shooter. We have a chart posted on the site to help with correcting this. You may be breaking your wrist slightly down in anticipation of recoil.

But sense it's your first handgun I would start out at 3-7 yards, then move to 10, 15 and 25. Get really good in close first then move out. practice rapid fire double taps etc.

·
Registered
4,999 Posts

Edit - 6" to 8" Low
Get an experienced shooter or an instructor to watch you and help you shoot better before you go changing things around on your new pistol.

$.02

·
Registered
6,108 Posts
You might bench it just to verify.

I just watched the review from Hickock45 in another thread and he said it seemed to shoot a tad low and had to do a slight adjustment.

But he pretty much raved about the gun and was making some pretty amazing shots way out on small steel targets beyond 25 yards.

·
Registered
38 Posts
You won't get any info on clicks for given distance.
Why not? I would have thought that all the sights should have the same level of adjustment and it is irrelevant of the load as they move the POA (although the markings are in respect to moving POI), thereby having an effect on POI. Never a precise science unless you have a sight/scope specifically matched to your gun and load, but nevertheles the sights should have a standard adjustment.
You do not generally see 'click settings' for adjustable iron sights as the setting will change dependant on sight radius and most aftermarket sights are for a variety of guns. But the 5.25 having a standard sight radius, should have a standard click setting.
I'll have a play at the range in the next couple of days to see if I can get an answer.

·
Registered
38 Posts
OK ballpark figure. After playing at the range today and doing some BIG adjustments, it appears that the clicks are approximately MOA. i.e. one click appeared to move POI approximately 1/4" at 25yds.
I say approximate at the standard FO sight is not exactly pinpoint and I was doing the 'trials' off of been bags and not a 100% solid rest.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts