Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a mental health day today. The weather was perfect, The range wasn't to crowded, and I finally got to really try out my officer 1911.
Font Gadget Audio equipment Gas Electronic device

Here are my first 7 shots of the day not great. I was really focused on felt recoil and reliability. The groups got a lot better from here on out.
Aircraft Toy Airplane Urban design Font

I really wanted to focus on the difference between the XD45, Government 1911, and Officer 1911 as there all chambered in 45acp. It was awesome as I was able to load all 3 and go back and forth, to really get a feel from all 3.
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Airsoft gun

The XD was obviously the softer shooting of the bunch. I like the XD triggers but they don't compare to the 1911's trigger. I tried 5 rounds at 100yards on the 16" gong but no way Jose.
Air gun Trigger Grey Line Wood

The Citadel M1911 A1 FS has the best trigger out of the 3 and is the most comfortable 1 to shoot. I was able to put 3/5 on the gong.
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Airsoft gun

The RIA M1911 A1 CS has a great trigger that I'm sure after a little polishing will be amazing. I'm still able to grip this pistol with all five fingers ( kinda pinky is half on half off). Recoil on this pistol is super manageable, it's more of straight back push, it felt like the Government had more muzzle flip than this Officer model. I did a few triple taps and stayed on paper. I also managed to put 1/5 on the gong. The down fall can be the GI sights, to me there actually not bad very useable and low profile I won't be changing them out anytime soon.

Then came the time. Out of my " compact" carry guns how did the RIA compare?
Wood Font Metal Grass Musical instrument

Great actually. Again being able to go back and forth between these four. It let me get a feel of what to expect. So far there's no reason to have any doubt in the RIA as a EDC, but I like for it to hit 2k first. Recoil on the RIA was comparable to the XDSC9, the XDSC40 obviously had a little more felt recoil and muzzle climb, the LCRX is just plain painful to me. Funny how interested people are in it when they realize it's a 9mm.

Overall I'm super happy with RIA I now need a holster for it. Is Gavin still around ?

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Hi!

Nice day at the range! It's been too long for me. Must. Go. Soon. 😉

Nice selection of 45s to work with. For the first magazine of the day, cold, you certainly shot well enough to defend yourself. Nice.

My old eyes would have to upgrade those GI sights, if possible. 🤓🤪🤣

Thanks for sharing your fun! 😁

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

1 - 2 of 2 Posts