Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a bag for school, I am going back to college and my pack is beat up and I want a new one and was looking for something tactical so that I can use it in the future for trips, plane rides. I am looking for something that can safely hold a 17" laptop, secure my firearm when I can have it, and something that will last. I want some peoples opinions. I am also open to other options, links would help a lot, thanks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
If you need to carry a 17" laptop I do not think the rush 12 will work for you. My wife wanted one for her 15.6" laptop and it was tapered to much at the top of the pack for it to fit.
I might have been able to squeeze it in there, but if it were to get hit on something I think it would have easily
broken the corner of the computer.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That helps, thanks Brenneise! I thought that I would get more responses than this! I guess that it is down to the 24 and the COVRT!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Glad I could help.

The 24 looked like it would accommodate her 15.6, but she said the pack was just too big for her to wear comfortably.

I was hoping the 12 would work and she would get tired of it then I could use it. They are nice bags but the price is not cheap.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah that is why I do not want to just get one and have it not work. I have only found the Rush 72 around here and that looks a little too big, I guess that I will have to some research and foot work to try to find them

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nobody has any input?

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
I love my 5.11 Rush 72, it's too big for your use but it is the same outstanding quality as the Rush 12 and 24. I am actually considering picking up a 24 as well.

What else can I say, the yolk design is very comfortable and it shows no sign of wear after 2 years and several backpacking trips.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Zombie! I was trying to find a local dealer so that I could go check them out, but I cannot find any place so that I can compare them. Maybe I will just have to buy them both!

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Thanks Zombie! I was trying to find a local dealer so that I could go check them out, but I cannot find any place so that I can compare them. Maybe I will just have to buy them both!
The 12 and the 24? Sounds good, don't make the mistake I did buying more than one bag in the same size. My Rush 72 is almost the exact same capacity as my Eblerlestock Gunslinger. Both are great bags but I found myself having to get yet another bag for winter backpacking because I needed more capacity. I plan to sell my Eberlestock when I get back. Great bag but just redundant for me now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts