Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For a WASR 10 from Romania. I know almost nothing about AK's but I do know that WASRs are cheap? It was at a local shop for 499. Tapco trigger. The mag was really wobbly from left to right. I am thinking it is too much money. Your opinions? Better internet deals for an AK?

·
Registered
141 Posts
$499 is on the high side. Also they are not "cheap". They are inexpensive and everybody has a different opinion on these guns. They are durable and will last as long as you will if you take care of them. Remember what they say about opinions? I love the WASR and have owned more than one. I have also fired a variety of other AK's. Mag wobble is a normal problem since the mag well is grinded out to except hicap mags. Here is a good site for info on Romanian rifles.....

Romanian Kalashnikov Rifles

·
Banned
8,566 Posts
yes thats high, local chain store in the midwest dunhams sporting goods sells double stacks for $375.

like most things if you step up from the bottle of the barrel the frist couple notches see you large gains in quality, features etc, for not a whole lot more money (15-20% in this case) for $600 you have tons of choices, for $550 you have a few better onces than a wasr

$599 bulgarian poly AK47 Bulgarian SSR 85 Rifle Poly

blonde hungarian Hungarian AMD 63 Rifle 762 x 39

$549 bulgarian Bulgarian AKSSR-85CPart #AKAGUN-SSR

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
yes thats high, local chain store in the midwest dunhams sporting goods sells double stacks for $375.

like most things if you step up from the bottle of the barrel the frist couple notches see you large gains in quality, features etc, for not a whole lot more money (15-20% in this case) for $600 you have tons of choices, for $550 you have a few better onces than a wasr

$599 bulgarian poly AK47 Bulgarian SSR 85 Rifle Poly

blonde hungarian Hungarian AMD 63 Rifle 762 x 39

$549 bulgarian Bulgarian AKSSR-85CPart #AKAGUN-SSR
Not to mention another $50-60 for shipping and FFL transfer plus a 3% credit card charge on the purchase price.

·
Registered
15,712 Posts
$500 for a WASR is way to much. I got mine for $425 out here, but i've seen them on the net for cheaper. Keep in mind that over the net, you got shipping and transfer fees, so it may not be a good deal in the end as opposed to buying local.

·
Registered
179 Posts
For a WASR 10 from Romania. I know almost nothing about AK's but I do know that WASRs are cheap? It was at a local shop for 499. Tapco trigger. The mag was really wobbly from left to right. I am thinking it is too much money. Your opinions? Better internet deals for an AK?

I'm no AK expert, but i am loking at getting one soon.

For $499 ide rather get a pre-converted saiga from atlantic arms.

Something about a brand new RUSSIAN ak, makes me feel alot more comforatable.

·
Premium Member
2,497 Posts
Not to mention another $50-60 for shipping and FFL transfer plus a 3% credit card charge on the purchase price.

If you are paying 50 to 60 for shipping, then they saw you coming... I have never paid over 22 bucks for any shipped AK or other rifle or pistol and depending on where you live, the FFL transfer may be as little as 10 bucks

·
Registered
15,712 Posts
i made my first internet gun purchase 2 weeks ago. Yeah, i found a GREAT price, but after the 3% cc charge, shipping, transfer and background, it was another $80...but still well below what they are selling my AK for out here.

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
If you are paying 50 to 60 for shipping, then they saw you coming... I have never paid over 22 bucks for any shipped AK or other rifle or pistol and depending on where you live, the FFL transfer may be as little as 10 bucks
Where did I say that? Perhaps read it again. ;)

If your getting one for $10 that's great. My last 3 cost me $25 each.

IRT the OP, $500 for a WASR10 is a little high.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Yeah, I think that it's high. For $500, I'd expect a built from a Romy G-Kit or better.

Remember, WASR = What a $h!tty Rifle.

... it'll still go 'boom' when you pull the trigger. It is an AK after all.

·
Premium Member
2,497 Posts
Where did I say that? Perhaps read it again. ;)

If your getting one for $10 that's great. My last 3 cost me $25 each.

IRT the OP, $500 for a WASR10 is a little high.
mine are 25 as well here, sorry misread what you were saying, thought you were talking about the shipping and then the ffl fee on top

but yeah 500 is way high for a wasr... think centerfire has them for 379 without the bayonent lug and 399 with

1 - 13 of 13 Posts