Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally did it!

I was at Gander today looking around. They have the XD 40 package for 399.00. The XD9 was 419.00

I really didn't want to get the .40, but I almost couldn't pass up the deal with the holster and extra mag. I paced around for darn near a half hour.

Finally I decided to buy, I wanted the 9 for the cost of ammo + it is my first handgun. I said, I wish they offered the package with the 9mm, The guy says, I think we might have one or two left. I lit up like a christmas tree! Sure enough, they had one, well sort of.

I didn't get the fancy plastic case, but I did get the holster and the extra mag for 419.00 I am so happy.

Now I have to wait 48 hours, I am trying so hard to forget about it but I can't do it!

Any must have accesories I should be ordering?

Yipppppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
:p

-Jared

·
Registered
92 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the board!

I like to do shooting in the dark, so I got a set of Trijicons on my XD, also got the Don's Guide Rod and the Wolff 22# spring, and the Pachmayr slip on rubber grips.

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
why do you have to wait 48 hours?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Grizzly660 said:
Well I finally did it!

I was at Gander today looking around. They have the XD 40 package for 399.00. The XD9 was 419.00

I really didn't want to get the .40, but I almost couldn't pass up the deal with the holster and extra mag. I paced around for darn near a half hour.

Finally I decided to buy, I wanted the 9 for the cost of ammo + it is my first handgun. I said, I wish they offered the package with the 9mm, The guy says, I think we might have one or two left. I lit up like a christmas tree! Sure enough, they had one, well sort of.

I didn't get the fancy plastic case, but I did get the holster and the extra mag for 419.00 I am so happy.

Now I have to wait 48 hours, I am trying so hard to forget about it but I can't do it!

Any must have accesories I should be ordering?

Yipppppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
:p

-Jared
Sounds like me on my first purchase. We went to Gander, looked at a 45, went to another place, came back and saw a used XD40 for $300....couldnt pass up that deal.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I had the same lesson in patience - but a bit longer. My family (parents, extended, etc.) always asks me what I want for Christmas starting in about October. (God has given me a good family.:D)

Usually I say "ahh - I have don't really need anything, " which is a bit unfair to them because they have to work harder to find me a gift. This year was a very different. I was very specific: "I would like either a gift certificate to Gander Mountain, or a donation toward a new firearm." Of course, I meant the XD.

They were very happy that I was getting something that really excited me with the gift money. The only hard part was waiting until I purchased the pistol on December 31st. It was very hard to wait. But completely worth it.

Now everyone wants to see the new XD40 that they helped me purchase.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Congradulations!, I know the feeling your going through....Stupid, Stupid Laws!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lets us know about your range results....

Tom

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
ohhh are you talking about waiting before you purchase? Here in Alabama, we have a 3 minute wait. They call in, clear you, then hand your gun across the counter so you can pay for it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yeah - Ohio is instant too. i just got my XD40 Friday night at 8:30. :D One thing I did notice though - Sunday and Monday there was a planned outtage of the verification system (according to the sign on Gander's door) so maybe that has something to do with your 48hr wait.

But congrats on the XD though - 250 rounds through mine and can't wait to drop some more.

·
Registered
157 Posts
its funny when i buy a shotgun or rifle it could be a 7 day wait usually but on both of my handgun purchases i walked with them....

P

·
0 Posts
HAHAHA ... Yes, we Alabamians do not have to cool off before we can take possession.

Happy XD Birthday to you !

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well at least the wait is the governments fault and not yours!! I went to my lgs last Friday and bought the last SA xd-9 sub c. As we were about to finalize the deal the clerk asks for my drivers license. I pulled it out and remembered that the thing had worn in my wallet to the point that it was unledgable!! He told me that I had to get it replaced before he could run the Fed paperwork!! So......I went Saturday to get my licence replaced. I walk into the BMV and show the lady how badly my license had worn. She says she can replace it and askes me for my Birth certificate!! I am in uniform and everything!!!!!!! I make the sarcastic comment that I, like every law abiding citizen cary mine everywhere I go. By this time I am ready to explode so I calm down and leave. My lgs is closed on Sun and Mon. So the morrel of the story is dont procrastinatttttttte!!
You can guess where ill be when they open in the AM.

·
Registered
81 Posts
48 hours!! I could hardly stand the wait I had......and it's instant here in PA! Silly laws, hope you come thru witout a breakdown. Congrats!

·
Registered
52 Posts
got ya beat here in virginia, if you have a CHP (concealed handgun permit) no background check is done, cash and carry, no limit on number of handguns per month either.... :)

·
Registered
833 Posts
Congrats sounds like an excellent deal,
You guys are always getting some good deals, I have to wait 2 weeks for my gun to come in and then another manditory 7 days once they have it. I said it before I will say it again I hate Maryland. If mines not new in the case I gonna rasie hell your suppose to get the case if you buy new. And it beter have 12 round mags--errrr.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Gotta love Oklahoma. My dealer picked up the phone and had a conversation that lasted no more than a minute. I was clear before the phone was back on the hook.

·
Registered
59 Posts
In my county in NC, the sheriff makes you wait 7 days for your purchase permit, but the actual buy is instant. He's sort of a goofy sheriff anyway.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Michigan is the same day: With a CPL (Concealed Pistol License) you purchase the pistol and walk away with it. Without a CPL, you would have to go to the closest police station and get a temporary 10 day permit, then go back to the store.

We do have to fill out a BATFE form in the store, which is called in for an immediate approval. I assume that all of us have to do this regardless of the State.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts