Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took it out today and put some rounds through it, 3 boxes plus, all 230gr win.

One thing that really seems to puzzel me on these XD's (I've had 5, 3" 9 and .40, 4" .40 5" 40 and now the 5" 45GAP is they seem to absorbe A LOT of recoil. There is an increase in recoil but it does not really seem all that significant. JUST enough to throw off the double tap timing.

The pistol functioned flawlessly no jams although the ammo I used is VERY feed friendly, very rounded.

Seemed VERY accurate, maybe not PPCishly accurate but far more accurate than me.

For kicks I tried the 45 ammo in .40 mags, thinking it might save me buying extras until James gets some in, it worked although the obvious suspision that the opening on top of the 45 would be slightly wider were accurate (My thinking that they would be.

All in all a great gun just like my other XD's. Certainly could be used competitively against 1911's for those in the action shooting sports, the extra round if shooting against most 8+1 1911's may come in handy.

I know that this tends to vary from XD to XD but the trigger on the GAP is the best I have so far. Very smooth and the break is nice and crisp.

I may get to shoot a 4" GAP tomorrow. A friend of mine bought it and we will be shooting at the same place tomorrow.

Have a great day guys!

Rick

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
see:http://www.hs2000talk.com/viewtopic.php?t=17123&highlight=

under the topic "XD .45's are out and about" . There are pictures of mine on the 6th page.

They are perfectly identical to the 5"40's except 45LE is stamped on the slide.

I paid $475 I think, I bought alot of other stuff at the time but I think that that was the price for the gun. It came with the Springfield holster, which I HATE. My personal preference, it is not bad as a range holster, Sticks out WAY to far for my liking for my uses (Carry). Reminds me of some of the USPSA rigs I have seen the way the pistol is positioned. It can be modified from high to VERY low and sticks out considerably.

·
Registered
21 Posts
So did you have the opportunity to fire the 4"? If so thoughts? Accuracy, recoil, etc. Any opinions to help my upcoming choice of purchase greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
5,751 Posts
Thanks for the report. Can't wait for them to show up locally.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts