Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the model types for .45ACP in the XD and XDm line?

It's my understanding that there are three:
XD-45 full size
XD-45 Compact
XDm45

Do I have this correct?

·
Registered
107 Posts
As a broad description....yes

There is
XD
.45 ACP service full size (4")
.45 ACP tactical full size (5")
.45 ACP compact (4")
.45 ACP compact tactical (5")

And

XDm
.45ACP 4.5"

Then there is also XD's in .45GAP
Looking at the SA brochure they list the compact XD .45 seperately from the tactical models .

To me this means that the compact may have a 5" barrel , but is not a tactical .

Does the compact 5" have the tactical designation on the slide ?? :shock:

Jeez , way too many combinations to keep track of .............

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
Looking at the SA brochure they list the compact XD .45 seperately from the tactical models .

To me this means that the compact may have a 5" barrel , but is not a tactical .

Does the compact 5" have the tactical designation on the slide ?? :shock:

Jeez , way too many combinations to keep track of .............

My compact tactical 5" says, "Tactical" on the slide.........

·
Registered
313 Posts
you can also get thumb saftey versions of a few of those.

·
Registered
422 Posts
XD-45 Tactical (5" Barrel)
XD-45 Compact Tactical (5" Barrel, Grip shortened by 3/4")
XD-45 Service (4" Barrel)
XD-45 Compact Service (4" Barrel, Grip shortened by 3/4")

All of the the above models come in any combination of Black, Dark Earth, or OD Green frame colors...and Black or Bi-Tone (Stainless) slide colors.

XD-45 Service with ambi Thumb Safety (4" Barrel, Black Slide & Frame)

XDm-45 (4.5" Barrel, Black Frame, Black or Bi-Tone Slide)

·
Registered
6,595 Posts

All of the the above models come in any combination of Black, Dark Earth, or OD Green frame colors...and Black or Bi-Tone (Stainless) slide colors.

Another good list........

·
Registered
85 Posts

Are any more XDMs planned? Like a tactical or a compact? :?:

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
Are any more XDMs planned? Like a tactical or a compact? :?:
Itds been discussed a lot, the hope for a compact was smashed by the 5.25, but hopefully the next one will be a .45 XDm compact.

As far as a tactical....there really isn't a need for a 5" XDm .45 when they have a 4.5.

My guess is the 5.25 will go to .40 and then .45 based on previous releases, but my hope is the 45 compact comes first.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Itds been discussed a lot, the hope for a compact was smashed by the 5.25, but hopefully the next one will be a .45 XDm compact.
My guess is the 5.25 will go to .40 and then .45 based on previous releases, but my hope is the 45 compact comes first.
That's my hope too. :)

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Hate to hijack this, but does anyone know of a .45acp compact or subcompact that is similar to the XD and still highly reliable? I'm about ready to give up waiting for springfield to come out with their own......

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hate to hijack this, but does anyone know of a .45acp compact or subcompact that is similar to the XD and still highly reliable? I'm about ready to give up waiting for springfield to come out with their own......
Yes, the S&W M&P 45 Compact. 4" barrel & 8+1. Has all the same qualities and is drop dead reliable. If you want more capacity, the next one up still has a 4" barrel and mag is 10+1. I have this pistol and love it. :)

·
Banned
82 Posts
Im going to piggy back a xdm question here. I shoot a Canyon Creek XD 45 package for multigun and USPSA and I love the gun. I was on the Enos boards and just heard about 5.25.

There are threads by TGO on how well he is liking this one and that it shoots much easier and is more acurate.

I think it seems that the mags are interchangable yes? I also wonder about the holsters like my BladeTech drop and offset holster. With the longer barrel I wonder if it will still work. Its only .25" but Id like to know for sure.
If I have to buy all new mags, holster and mag carrier I may just go the 9mm route.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts