Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone give me comparison specs of the grip sizes of the .45 versus 9mm, both with the small inserts? Thanks.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I have the 9mm and have held the 45, I'd say the 45 is only fractionally larger, in fact I plan on getting one soon. If you still don't a good answer by then I will measure both and report back.

·
Registered
6,108 Posts
I've had the XDM 9. I would say the large backstrap on the 9 is close to the feel of the .45 with small backstrap in comparisons I've done. It's a larger frame handgun naturally. So the small on the 9 is going to be a lot smaller than the small on the .45. Aslo the .45 has more width in the grip.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I think the XDM45 grip is noticeably chunkier than the 9/.40. Not enough to hurt anything, you can tell it's bigger though.

·
Registered
588 Posts
They are essentially the same size, except the XD is boxier, which makes it feel larger, and it is in circumference. I measured once and was surprised.

CX

·
Registered
263 Posts
On the XDm they are the same size. I measured them at the dealer today and was surprised. The slide and top of the frame is larger but the grip is identical on the outside. The inside of the grip is more open on the .45 than the 9mm -- by inside I mean the magazine area.

·
Registered
460 Posts
my brother owns the 9mm and 40, I own the 45, neither of us have ever even touched our backstraps and neither of us even notice the difference between the three. there is a slight difference but it's nothing that really stands out like the difference between an M&P and a glock

1 - 10 of 10 Posts