Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about getting a XD in .45 GAP for CCW. I am thinking that i would like a little more punch than a 9mm (although I will get a 9 as well, eventually). Any thoughts on how the 45 performs, things i should know etc. not terribly worried about ammo costs as long as i can get it.
Thanks

Dave

·
Registered
83 Posts
If you search you should find plenty of answers. I have a GAP and I love it. Basically, ammo could be hard to find in your area. Check your local shops to see if they carry it. Or, you can order it online cheaper. My GAP is dead on. Its my favorite range gun. I've put around 4 to 500 rounds thru mine without any issues. I would recommend it.

·
Registered
9,959 Posts
I use the 45 gap for my everyday carry and do not feel under gunned. I get a big ol fat 230 gr bullet in the same sized pistol as my other xd`s with not changes to outside dementions.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
AJ that is what i carry in my 45GAP.

i cant get over how evil those rangers look after they have been shot!

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
i bought mine on gunbroker.com there is a guy on the boards that sales them very cheap also.

·
Registered
9,959 Posts
Yes use gunbroker to find all of your leo only ammo needs. I can only sell the ranger ammo to leo, becuase Winchester can still look at my books. After a yr or two they will have forgotten about me then I can sell it to every one. Go to GB and type in winchester ranger.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts