Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious. How many of you folks have a 45 GAP with a .40 conversion barrel. I just placed my Barsto .40 barrel in a 45 GAP Tactical and it looks like it would be perfectly ok. Everything fit, locked up, and functioned (by hand). It should work about the same as the 40 to 9mm conversion. Anybody tried this yet? :?:

·
Super Moderator
10,574 Posts
Bubbaman - go ahead and give it a try. All it can do
is blow-up in your face and sting your hand a little bit.
I think that Ajamesp51 mentioned that the .40S&W maybe
interchangeable with the 45GAP.

Let us know how your firing session came out! If you
can still type of course.

If it works, then I can say I have three machines that will
fire four different calibers each.

All the above is in jest. :) :p

Ed

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Ed! :shock: I'd like to get someone's input that has done it. I'm still thinking about selling the Barsto barrel. This would be more possibilities for a potential buyer. I know that the Barsto 40 barrel would work for someone with an XD357 Tactical who wants to shoot 40 also. The outside barrel dimension is the same on the 40 as the 45GAP. When I put it in the 45 GAP Tactical it fits and runs perfect. I can't imagine anything keeping it from working. The .40 mags work fine in the 45 Tactical also. I wish now I had just bought a 45 GAP Tactical to customize. But I sure do love my 40 Tactical. :)

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Bubbaman,

I'd recommend trying to determine where on the .40 primer the pin will hit (without a hot cartridge). Perhaps put a spent cartrige in and dryfire it, see if the primer shows a second hit off center. If so, proceed with caution.

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
I'm no gunsmith, but my concern here would be the extractor. GAP shell casings are fatter, yes? Therefore it might not grab the skinnier .40 casings...maybe.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmmmmm.... 40 is fatter than 9mm and everyone says they work. Somebody try this. :roll:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts