Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a few questions about the 45 GAP and 357 SIG. I think I would like to get the 45 GAP as a personal defense gun, however due to the cost of the ammo I wouldn't want to use it for target practice. Can you buy a aftermarket barrell in 9mm for the XD 45 GAP? Would it work?

Which would you prefer, the 45 GAP or 357 SIG?

Also, Im debating on the Tactical or the Service model. This gun will be for my home/truck/briefcase only. I would not carry it as a conceled weapon. So, which model would you recommend?

·
Registered
339 Posts
To answer your question about an aftermarket barrel, no, it doesn't exist to convert a .45 GAP to .357 Sig.

As far as ammo prices go with the .45 GAP, yeah, it's a bit more expensive but it's not unbearable, especially if you can have your brass reloaded. I have a tactical model XD45LE and love it. I'd try to find a gun shop and handle both the tactical and service models to see which one you like.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What I was wanting was a conversion barrel so I could shoot 9mm from the 45 GAP. Doesn't look like the exist though. I might just go with the 357 SIG.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I bought the XD-40 because I wanted to be able to convert to .357 Sig or 9mm.
If SOMEONE would make conversion barrels for the .45 gap... 4-in-1 Gun!

There is a market there.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am not sure the cost of 357sig but 45GAP Speer Lawman in my neck of the woods is only 13.99 (per 50). I have found it on the net for alittle less but then you pat shipping. Midway USA has the best selection followed by cheaperthandirt.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
StogieC said:
I bought the XD-40 because I wanted to be able to convert to .357 Sig or 9mm.
If SOMEONE would make conversion barrels for the .45 gap... 4-in-1 Gun!

There is a market there.
I don't believe that is possible with it being a bigger round. :?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was at walmart and 357sig is $13.23 for 50rounds of winchester fmj. I love my xd 357 and would not give it up for 45gap but I already have another pistol in 45acp. 357 sig is at walmart but i have not seen 45gap there yet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts