Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got off the phone with my dealer and asked them why it was taking so long to get my 45 GAP. They had told me that the initial release of the 45 GAP was just a promotional release and will not be in full production until late summer. Has anyone else heard this? I was hoping to get this thing a lot sooner than that, hell I've already paid for it!

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh I know their out there. I gave up on mine though. I kept getting a run around with my shop, they said they couldn't find one. So I bought a Kimber. Next gun HK USP compact .357! Good luck with your GAP let me know how she shoots.

·
Registered
275 Posts
THere is a dealer here in Michigan with 5 or 6 on the shelf headed over today to pick up.....
I will get address and Phone while I am there if anyone is interested....

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yes,...Please get the phone number & address....I'm here in Reed City, MI. and I am interested in obtaining a 45GAP. Thanks, David

·
Registered
9,957 Posts
Any dealer that has an account with davidsons galley of guns can get them right now. They had 30 of the tacticals and 15 of the 4 inch ones this morning. I can get them shipped to you dealer if they dont have an account them selves.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ajamesp51 said:
Any dealer that has an account with davidsons galley of guns can get them right now. They had 30 of the tacticals and 15 of the 4 inch ones this morning. I can get them shipped to you dealer if they dont have an account them selves.
Oh I'm sure they do, they just wanted to sell me the kimber that they had instock. Good sales pitch, bought the kimber.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Nickle1 said:
ajamesp51 said:
Oh I'm sure they do, they just wanted to sell me the kimber that they had instock. Good sales pitch, bought the kimber.
Just out of curiosity, where in Ohio are you? Care to share the name of the store so I can avoid it?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Clelelands. The shop isn't too bad, but they cater to their "shop rats". I can walk in and stand at the counter with a wad of cash in my hand and everyone will stare at me, not come over and help, just stare. With that said, I go there because it's family owned and operated, not the best prices, nor the best service, but I'd rather give my money to them over cabelas and gander mountain. If they worked on their service a little more, and were a bit less greedy with the prices I would buy even more. I don't buy ammo or parts from them, but I do buy my guns there.

·
Registered
373 Posts
my dealer said that his distribiter that he goes through cant get them either. he was talking some trash about he had a few but springfield recalled them or some garbage

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Figgy1682 said:
my dealer said that his distribiter that he goes through cant get them either. he was talking some trash about he had a few but springfield recalled them or some garbage
Did he sell you a kimber too :lol:

·
Registered
256 Posts
I was told by my FFL that the 5" XD in 45 GAP would be here Tuesday. Now he said his supplier says they shipped it today. Looking more and more like they aren't out yet.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
backstay said:
I was told by my FFL that the 5" XD in 45 GAP would be here Tuesday. Now he said his supplier says they shipped it today. Looking more and more like they aren't out yet.
I called springfield and asked them about the GAP. SA told me that they had a small batch of promotional test guns out to see if the demand would warrent production. He said we won't see production numbers of the GAP until summer, if the demand is there for it.

·
Registered
373 Posts
i understand were there coming from cause when the first 45 gap came out in the glock people were not even bothering to get it including me. the guy at the gun shop told me the 45 gap was just a fad and it would go away soon so not t oeven buy it , ammo is skarce and there going to stop prodcuing the ammo. well now the xd 45 gap is out and im dieing to get my hands on one badly , also theres more manufactors making ammo in 45 gap not just winchester if you do a google search you'll see more than you thought were out . i know it takes alot of money to mass produce these weapons but damn you got people who want this product so bad right now why dont you produce for the ones who want it then mass produce or something like that , i dont know i guess its just my frustration coming out cause i tryed hard locally to get one and all the dealers in time want almost 100 to transfer the gun to there shop. i guess if you dont buy from there shop they got to make alot off you

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Everyone has to make money, but $100 is steep! The GAP round is more readily available now, but it's still expensive.

Rule of business: High demand and low product quantity is better that low demand and high product numbers. Keep people wanting the gun, it will hold value, promote inline sales, and keep people watching your company. Thats all that springfield is doing.

Is it a fad? Right now it is, future, who knows. The GAP round promises a lot, but will other manufacturers follow suit? You need more than 2 companies making guns to make the round popular enough to escape extinction.

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
My prediction is that the 45GAP will be like the 10mm. A niche product. Interesting, but not enough clout to topple the mighty 45ACP from its throne and there are plenty of other less expensive and easier to find rounds to choose form that do the same damn thing.

-Brickboy240

·
Registered
1 Posts
IVE HAD MY 45 GAP FOR ABOUT A MONTH NOW,IVE PUT ABOUT 400 ROUNDS THROUGH IT. GREAT GUN,NO PROBLEMS AT ALL,HAD MORE PROBLEMS GETTING AMMO. ITS ALWAYS AROUND AT GUN SHOWS.THE DEALERS AROUND HERE SAY THEY WILL START CARRING IT WHEN THEY GET A SHIPPMENT OF GUNS IN.MY 45 GAP CAME WITH HOLSTER,CASE AND ONE BOX OF AMMO,PAID 455.OO WITH TAX . THE DEALLER,WHO I GOT MINE FROM HAD TWO OF THEM. HE LET ME PUT SO MUCH ON MY CREDIT CARD AND HE HELD IT FOR ME UNTILL I COULD GO TO HIS PLACE AND PIC IT UP. OUR HE WOULD SHIP IT TO ANOTHER DEALLER IN YOUR AREA. HE DEALS IN ALOT OF MILLATARY AND HARD TO FIND GUNS,GREAT GUY TO DEAL WITH. LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVN'T FOUND A GAP AND I'LL GIVE YOU HIS NAME AND PHONE NUMBER. I DON'T HAVE IT ON ME NOW, OUR I WOULD GO AHEAD AND POST IT.GOOD LUCK,YOU WON'T BE DISSAPOINTED WHEN YOU GET YOUR HANDS ON ONE.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
BIG BUCK, sounds like you got a good deal. Might I suggest taking off the caps button. You are shouting right now. Thanks. :wink:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts