Or i guess i wanna ask,
1. What do you predict?
2. What would amaze you?

my prediction is ......probably 14+1
what would amaze me......16+1..lol:cool:

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
I must have missed it somewhere. I didnt know they WERE going to release an XD-M in .45acp?

·
Premium Member
2,267 Posts
I don't know. I would say that you are at the capacity limit (13 rounds in the mag) as long as the length of the grip would be the same as it is now.

What would you predict? IF they do come out with one, 13 + 1.

What would amaze you? 59 + 1. Now THAT would be AMAZING! :)

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
I won't be 16+1, but that would be sweet.

My call is 14+1.

The FNP45 already meets that; no reason an XDM-45 couldn't.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I must have missed it somewhere. I didnt know they WERE going to release an XD-M in .45acp?
Well im not saying its going to be soon, but i would have to imagine EVENTUALLY they will release the xdm in .45

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
I actually hope they do. I might even buy one but its hard to think of one any better than the XD45 Service I have now.

I dont want a thumb safety, I dont want a 5" barrel and I dont need any more accuracy than what I have so I would have to really think about it.

Anyway, my call would be 14+1 max. Any more and the grip would have to grow and that would make the gun too big in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
2,050 Posts
I actually hope they do. I might even buy one but its hard to think of one any better than the XD45 Service I have now.

I dont want a thumb safety, I dont want a 5" barrel and I dont need any more accuracy than what I have so I would have to really think about it.

Anyway, my call would be 14+1 max. Any more and the grip would have to grow and that would make the gun too big in my opinion.
I'm with ya. The 45 Service is just a great gun. I would like the match barrel though, and I would like the M for a range gun. Probably not so much for CCW though. And for an XD(m) range gun, might as well just get the 9mm. My guess for mag. capacity: 14+1.

·
Registered
174 Posts
If its got the same physical dimensions as the XD(M)-9 and .40 and has at least a 14+1 capacity, then I know that I'll be buying one. If not, then I'll probably buy my XD(M)-9 a .40 caliber brother.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Well I guess I will be a loaner and change it up a bit. I suspect that the XDm 45acp will be the same capacity as a XD 45acp. So my bet is it will be a 13 round mag and use the same mag as the XD 45acp. I am taking a guess at it based on the new M is built on the XD 45acp frame. So I would guess they will drop a 45acp barrel in it and now you have the XDm 45acp. I of course never will turn down a higher capacity mag but I hope they use the same mag because by the time it is out and mags are available it is a good chance that they will be illegal. If that happens then it will really hurt the civilian sales of the 45acp M series. In the event that it will take the same mag I have already purchased an extra 15 of the XD 45 mags. I figure if it does not take the same mag then I can always sell them since anything highcap is in high demand.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
My prediction is that its gonna be a 13+1.

Think about it, the standard xd was reworked, the result was the xd45. Thats why the standard xd40 holds only 12 whereas the larger 45 has 13. Next step was to put the smaller calibers (9mm and .40) into the same frame as the 45, the result was the xdm. And since the rounds were shorter, there was room for a interchangable backstrap.

Someone said the FNP 45 holds 14+1. Have you ever held an FNP 45? They are HUGE, seriously they are bigger than any glock 20 or 21, and WAY bigger than a xd45. Its so big I really see it as a disavantage, despite its capacity.

Having a smaller, "normal person" sized grip is one of the huge advantages of the xd and xdm series, IMHO. So unless the possible future xdm45 does away with this advantage and goes the way of the glock, I predict it would be a 13+1.

But if they can somehow fit more than that in the same sized package, I would love it.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I really don't care if it is more than 13. All I do know is I would absolutely LOVE to have one. Maybe by the time the next president after bo is in and Springfield decides to make one, I could afford it.

BK

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Someone said the FNP 45 holds 14+1. Have you ever held an FNP 45? They are HUGE, seriously they are bigger than any glock 20 or 21, and WAY bigger than a xd45. Its so big I really see it as a disavantage, despite its capacity.
Obviously, that was me; and yes, I have held the FNP-45.

They are NOT bigger than a standard G20 or G21; however, they are slightly bigger than the 21SF (and soon-to-come 20SF). To be more clear, the FNP sits directly in the middle of the 21 and 21SF size-wise. Just a guess, but maybe the arched back strap was on the FNP when you held it; if it was, try the flat, which is the one they normally install. It'd probably make a world of difference for you.

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
I really don't care if it is more than 13. All I do know is I would absolutely LOVE to have one. Maybe by the time the next president after bo is in and Springfield decides to make one, I could afford it.

BK
This is not a flame:

Why does everyone think the XD pistols are made by Springfield?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If its got the same physical dimensions as the XD(M)-9 and .40 and has at least a 14+1 capacity, then I know that I'll be buying one. If not, then I'll probably buy my XD(M)-9 a .40 caliber brother.
yah i love my xdm .40 and was planning on buying my a twin sister in 9mm sometime next week

·
Registered
441 Posts
Why does everyone think the XD pistols are made by Springfield?
I'm sorry, I meant to say if the Croats all on their own decide to make one, and then Springfield decides to import it put their name on it, the box and everthing else associated with the gun, market it, then sell it, so that I may purchase it.

Sound better?:razz: It's a simpler way to say things. I think most all know where their gun came from. It's not a secret, or in my mind a big deal.

BK

·
Registered
46 Posts
How did capacity change from the XD-40 to the XDm-40? I would assume a similar result for the .45.

Now when are they going to make a 10mm XDm!? I know.....they won't.....guess I'll have to wait on the G20sf.

VV

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
My guess that if we don't get another high capacity ban the XDm-45 will come in at 14 +1 round capacity. However, the longer case length of the 45 will mean that it will have a larger grip. If we do get a high capacity ban it will probably come in at 9+1 or 10+1 with a double stack magazine narrower than either the XD-45 or the XDm-40. Doing that will allow a narrower grip that will partially compensate for the longer case of the 45.

Personally, what I would like to see is a compact version of the XDm in 40 caliber. Say a 3.5 inch barrel, double stack magazine of the same width of the XDm, and a carry melt treatment on the slide and a frame without a rail. As for why no rail, it's simple, rails creat issues with holstering in an IWB holster and are of no use on a handgun intended for personal defense. I mean really, is anyone going to take the time to mount a laser or light when approached by a BG with a gun. Nope. What you want in that case is a pistol that breaks clean from the holster and won't get snagged on loose clothing. So, no rail and a much larger radius at the front and on top of the slide.

·
Premium Member
3,090 Posts
I'm sorry, I meant to say if the Croats all on their own decide to make one, and then Springfield decides to import it put their name on it, the box and everthing else associated with the gun, market it, then sell it, so that I may purchase it.

Sound better?:razz: It's a simpler way to say things. I think most all know where their gun came from. It's not a secret, or in my mind a big deal.

BK

The rest of us knew what you meant, but some people are awfully picky. ;)

·
Registered
140 Posts
I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer but if I were a betting man I would bet that most gun manufactures were waiting to see if the Assault Weapons Ban comes back and again limits magazine capacity. Wouldn't make much sense to do a bunch of R & D to increase mag capacity just to have it banned (especially since the XDM is not geared towards law enforcement).

I hope an XDM .45 ACP DOES appear soon and I hope its mag capacity is at least 14+1.

1 - 20 of 298 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.