Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellas,

Over at GT, I read that springer was coming out with a 45 acp version of the XD first quarter of next year.

My question to you XDologists is, do you think springfield might also chamber this(assumingly larger) chassis in the mighty 10mm?

ps: this was read in a gun mag(by a gt member), not to be confused with the existant 45gap.

thanks

-Boe

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Boeman said:
My question to you XDologists is, do you think springfield might also chamber this(assumingly larger) chassis in the mighty 10mm?
That would be the logical progression. Give it another year or two.

·
Registered
8,970 Posts
I spoke with EFK FireDragon and told him about the XD-45ACP. I told him that SA didn't have an intent to offer a 10mm at this time. Frank said he would possibly build a barrel if there is interest. Frank also asked if guys want a 400 barrel?

·
Premium Member
24,885 Posts
Old School said:
I spoke with EFK FireDragon and told him about the XD-45ACP. I told him that SA didn't have an intent to offer a 10mm at this time. Frank said he would possibly build a barrel if there is interest. Frank also asked if guys want a 400 barrel?
This opens all kinds of possibilities, doesn't it?

·
Registered
8,970 Posts
It's like the .357SIG, just bigger. :lol:

Just what is the 400 CorBon anyway?
A: The 400 CorBon is a .45ACP necked down to .40 caliber (10 mm). Most any .45ACP can be easily converted to the the 400 CorBon with a simple barrel change. You can use the same magazine, rails and springs. And your gun can be just as easily converted back to the original .45ACP. Performance of the 400 CorBon exceeds the 10mm or 357 Magnum.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Remember if you convert to 40S&W or 10mm your going to need new or modified magazines. If the magazines for the XD-45ACP are wide enough for a close pack double stack of 45ACP then they will not work for 10mm even if you bend the feed lips closer. The 45 magazines will be wide enough to allow two 40 cal round to get past each other and cause binding problems in the magazine. You will need either inserts to reduce the width of the magazine or new magazines with ridges in them similar to the existing 10rd magazines for the normal XD Service and Tactical.

I think it will happen probably with 400 corbon first but someone is going to do it for 10mm and 40S&W too.

mcb

·
Premium Member
24,885 Posts
Posted by guy sajer on THR after his shop got one in...

Originally Posted by guy sajer
Surprisingly , it appears to be the same size . I compared it side by side to an XD357 and wrapped a tape around the grip right on the XD logo . Same size . Slide measures the same heigth and width as afaikt . The main difference is the grip is about 1/4" longer .

Very nice job !!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts