Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, just curious as to what load you use for CC/EDC?

Kind of looking for suggestions here for my new XD-S Mod 2

Thanks so much!

Greg

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Gold Dot 230 grain Hollow Point for me too and for my 9mm it is 124 grain Gold Dot Hollow Point.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
I never shoot +P loads because I don't think they are necessary for the 45ACP. My opinion is the bullet is designed to work best at lower speeds around 900 ft. per second. Regular loads are the only thing I use for self defense because I don't need to shoot through a cars sheet metal or windshield like a police may have to do.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
What is your assessment of felt recoil and recoil management with the +p vs standard?
Sharper than a standard velocity but quite manageable. It’s not a round for an inexperienced shooter, especially in a compact pistol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,473 Posts
Hi all, just curious as to what load you use for CC/EDC?

Kind of looking for suggestions here for my new XD-S Mod 2

Thanks so much!

Greg
Welcome @glw/Greg.

I would recommend you try 2 or 3 different rounds and see which one work the BEST for you. Unfortunately, every gun is different even though they are the same exact model. What works in mine may not work in yours and vise versa. However, Gold Dots and Federal HST seem to work for most around here, as stated by previous responses above.

·
Registered
2 Posts
For years I used Gold Dot, however last year made the switch to HST. Both 230gr (not +p).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
Running Federal 230gr jhp this go round. Last one were Remington 230 jhp. I try brand X to confirm reliable function. Load all my carry mags with that round carry with for 6 mo or so. HhShoot um and run the next ones Ive tried out. I dont put much stock in all the ballistic gel etc test. Shot placement is much more of a factor and I know with my gun and what its loaded with I can confidently place my shots where I want them to hit because I have fired the gun/rds to confirm it. I know the gun will function with said rd. No gimmicky light weight fragmenting etc stuff. Stick with what has been used in 45acp handguns for over 110 yrs.Proven

Carry a Shield 45 btw.

So flame suit on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
HST 230 gr. standard velocity usually, but right now my new 1911 is loaded with some old Golden Sabres I've had since 2013.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts