Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got off the phone with one of my LE reps at springfield.

They will be announcing the ACP in Jan and will supply the market as soon as they come in. They are hoping for Jan but not sure, but, definately 1st quarter.

BIG SCOOP HERE
The grip is just about the same size as their other frames. The distance between the front strap and the back strap on the other guns is 2.07. The ACP is 2.11--barely noticable.

I was told the trigger reach is just a tiny bit longer.. maybe a 1/16!

Looks like a winner!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

Forgive my squeeling like a school girl, but...well, you guys can understand...

Seriously though, that makes me very happy that the grip size will be almost the same size. I see myself with one of these in the semi-near future...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Does anybody know what the cost estimation is? If its around the standard price it looks like I will be saying so long to my good and trusted XD40 and hello to my XD45acp. :wink: (Dang that means I will even have to change my name on here :!: )

·
Registered
278 Posts
I can already imagine the 2,361 or so XD-40s posted in the For Sale forum. :lol:

If I had to choose between the two, I'd pick the 45ACP. But I don't know if I could give up my 40 for one, we're kind of attached now since it was my first handgun. Unless I can swing owning both, I think this decision is gonna keep me up a few nights.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
gsh341 said:
I might have a new pistol in a couple months then. And one POed wife. :lol: :lol: :lol:
lol same here but a POed girlfriend! lol

·
Registered
278 Posts
sturmruger said:
Just so you guys know it is ok to own more then one XD! Hell some of us even own three.
I have no problem with it. My "better half" might. No big deal, I'll just end up spending $1000 for the XD and everything will be fine. That's $500 for the XD, and $500 on her for something that sparkles or hurts her feet. :lol:

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
davidk said:
Just got off the phone with one of my LE reps at springfield.

They will be announcing the ACP in Jan and will supply the market as soon as they come in. They are hoping for Jan but not sure, but, definately 1st quarter.

BIG SCOOP HERE
The grip is just about the same size as their other frames. The distance between the front strap and the back strap on the other guns is 2.07. The ACP is 2.11--barely noticable.

I was told the trigger reach is just a tiny bit longer.. maybe a 1/16!

Looks like a winner!!!!!!
I think it will be a winner but remember not only will the grip go from 2.07 to 2.11 front to back its thickness is going to have to get thicker side to side. The present XD magazine is designed for 9mm and is about 0.72 inch inside width. A magazine for 45ACP double stack is going to be ~0.89 inches inside width. That is and increase of ~0.17inches, nearly 3/16 of an inch thicker. Certainly they may thin the walls of the grip so it does not get that much thicker but it will have to be wider than the original frame in the grip area.

I hope and expect they will also make a 5 inch barrel version. If they do then I might have to give it serious consideration. But I still think my XD-40 Tactical will be the better Limited-10 gun.

Ramblin
mcb

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
This isn't a joke...right?

Its REALLY going to happen?

I have to ask, because about a month ago, I called SA and ordered a few t-shirts and spoke to a cust. svc. rep and they had no clue as to an XD in 45ACP. I hope its true.

If its true...I'll start burning up all my 40SW ammo, because I am dumping the XD-40 for what I wanted in the beginning....an XD in 45ACP!

(The only reason I bought an XD in 40SW is because there was no XD in 45ACP...I won't miss the 40SW and its snappy recoil at all!)

Yee..haw!

- Brickboy240

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
Well I think this is great but have any of you considered that it may put the XD in line for a possible .45 cal Military contract????

·
Registered
71 Posts
ichy_trigger said:
Well I think this is great but have any of you considered that it may put the XD in line for a possible .45 cal Military contract????

Not when that contract specs manual safeties.

·
Banned
3,861 Posts
We should try not to act too excited.

They may base the price on the enthusiasm the ACP generates.

:shock: bd

·
Registered
135 Posts
Boy some of you guys crack me up with the wife won't let me have it comments.

Don't you guys have some she money? That's money she don't know you got. :wink: Every married man has to have some or you would never get anything YOU want.

:twisted: :twisted:

·
Registered
196 Posts
sturmruger said:
Just so you guys know it is ok to own more then one XD! Hell some of us even own three.
Three? Last time I checked James owned 9 or 10, and that was months ago...

For those of you thinking ahead...I'd try and sell your XD-40's off right now, as the market is going to be FLOODED with them and you'll not get as much as you would now...

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Sell me your Xd-40's...In fact i'll give you all the outstanding price of 250.00 each and 4 mags. That includes shipping to me.

Pm me for details...... 8)

Just a note of interest:

If you measure your 40 or 9mm mags and then measure the space available for a larger mag...it is there. The magwell on the XD is a little sloppy. I was thinking awhile back about having my mags tuned for more capacity. but i don't think anyone is doing this yet.

·
Registered
58 Posts
this is very cool to me, I'll keep my 9mm tactical, but i'll go buy a 45acp tactical when it comes out..that way i can enjoy the 1911 I wanna buy just as much.
thanks for the news guys..oh and for those who will have the po'd wife or girlfriend...i don't have that problem..my girlfriend tells me to buy whatever I want since its my money that I work for...she even supports me wanting to have a small aresenal one day..tee hee...I think i'll marry this girl

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
I cannot wait!

I have no love for the 40SW. Its ok, but the recoil is wierd and its just one more caliber to fart with...sort of a pain. Right now, I have 3 1911s and a Sig 220 in 45ACP and the Hi-Power in 9mm and that covers my autopistol battery pretty damn well with two tried and true calibers. The XD is a great design and I will welcome one in 45ACP with open arms.

Then...I can go back to having everything in 45ACP and the Hi-Power for my 9mm purposes. All will be right in the world.

Sorry, but the 45ACP just rocks my world and I have to stick with it! 9mm? Well, if it weren't for the wonderful Belgian Beauty...I'd probably own nothign in that caliber, either. Seriously!

You all can have the 40SW, 357Sig and the 45GAP...they hold no interest for me.

- Brickboy240

1 - 20 of 60 Posts